How Can I Make My Cardio More Enjoyable?

2»

Replies

• I’m not a cardio-lover either. I much prefer yoga, pilates, and body pump. But the only way this fat is coming off is a few hours of pulse-raising cardio each week. When I use machines, I like to mix it up, instead of trudging away for the full time on the same machine. I do half elliptical and half stationary bike.

One thing that makes it better for me is covering the countdown timer on the machines with a towel. If I can see how much time is left, I just obsess about it. Since I started laying my towel over it, I find that just focus on my movement and breath.
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    if ur interested in Zumba and have a Wii...they just came out with Zumba FOR the Wii! It's between $30-$40 depending on where u go!
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Watching someone eles do while your eating junk food !!!! it could be enjoyable :smile: Sorry I got nothing cause I don't find anything fun about exercising lol
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    i have my music & my kindle, and I lose track of time :)
  • I do better if I'm outside and don't have a clock/pedometer in front of my face. It's easier to let my mind wander! I also like to try to take different routes to mix it up and keep it interesting. And of course, a rocking playlist helps a ton!
    Agreed! When its nice outside and it's just you and the great outdoors (and maybe some music) time goes by much faster. Plus when you are outside you are actually GOING somewhere! I think just getting up and doing it is half the battle. Once I'm doing it, I feel great.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    In the Uk we have quite a few compilation CDs dedicated to running. Have a look on Amazon. I have 101 Running Songs and The Ministry of Sounds Running Songs album. Both have multiple CDs and have everything on there from Whitney Houston, Wham, Aretha Franklin and lots of other energetic anthems.
  • WanabeHotMama
    WanabeHotMama Posts: 102 Member
    I downloaded some music to my Droid & had a much better workout! I did almost a half hour of cardio (walk/jog) which is good for me on my second workout! I bank my "points" I earn from cardio since its easy to figure out but I don't subtract calories on MFP for weightlifting so I'm hoping to lose even more weight if I don't count those calories burned & just stick to my 1200 calorie diet...wish me luck for today! My friend told me she already ordered pizza for us, is making snacks, and already made sangria! Of course I would start my new routine the week before the super bowl! But there will always be something, right!?
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    I just love Wii Just Dance & Just Dance 2, really gets a sweat on if you do the moves with feet as well as the arms, before you know it 30 minutes have passed. Me and my girls request the shuffle mode which just automatically loads songs with only a few seconds between each one, you could go on for ages.
  • I know this may sound funny.,but I imagine myself at the top of a hill looking FIERCE! The clothes I'm wearing changes day to day ( one time I imagined myself with a cape on) lol. Imagine yourself in the nicest dress, hottest stillettos, perfect hair, flawless makeup or just in a bikini. I know it sounds funny but I swear it works for me, I just imagine running towards the new improved me.

Also, like everyone else I get down on the Wii! The MJ Experience is great! I also crank up the music and jam out for a while. I'm not talking about the kind of dancing you do in public trying to look cute, I'm talking about the kind you do when no one is watching! Cardio can be anything that gets your heart going. Don't limit yourself to the gym...that gets old quickly.
  • WanabeHotMama
    WanabeHotMama Posts: 102 Member
    I know this may sound funny.,but I imagine myself at the top of a hill looking FIERCE! The clothes I'm wearing changes day to day ( one time I imagined myself with a cape on) lol. Imagine yourself in the nicest dress, hottest stillettos, perfect hair, flawless makeup or just in a bikini. I know it sounds funny but I swear it works for me, I just imagine running towards the new improved me.

Also, like everyone else I get down on the Wii! The MJ Experience is great! I also crank up the music and jam out for a while. I'm not talking about the kind of dancing you do in public trying to look cute, I'm talking about the kind you do when no one is watching! Cardio can be anything that gets your heart going. Don't limit yourself to the gym...that gets old quickly.

Thank you for your ideas! I love the part about "running towards the new improved me". I'm glad to hear about the Wii, I'm definitely getting one now!
  • Julesjhj
    Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
    Cardio gets old for me too but I try to do different type of cardio each day. I get sick of music so lately I have been downloading free podcasts from iTunes to listen to. Anything from weightloss topics to interviews with celebritys, you name it, and there is a podcast for it. It really makes the time zoom by!

Good luck,
    Jules
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    I do a lot of working out at home, and at the moment I'm renting various dance workouts. I hate cardio too, and they seem the most fun.

At the moment, I'm renting Urban Workout, which is hop-hop based. I've never been much of a hip-hop dancer, but I like feeling like I'm learning the steps and getting better at the dances she uses, rather than just repeating movements for a certain amount of time.
  • Great Idea! I'm going to check out those podcast!
This discussion has been closed.