Losing weight in the wrong places!

Options
Good morning all,

I am on my first month here. Started at 135 pounds with the goal losing 10 pounds.
I have lost 7 pounds so far, so this is actually working for me!
However, I noticed that the last couple of pounds seemed to have come off from my boobs!
I confess I am rethinking my weight goals now! LOL

Seriously, I know enough to realize it's a long shot to try and control where the weight comes off, but is there some kind of explanation or pattern for how and where the weight is reduced all over the body? Sure hoped the inches keeping coming off
my hips and not elsewhere!

Replies

• purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Sorry i have no idea, i have not had any gone from my boobs but i wish i could.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I kept pictures of my loss every 5 pounds. It was sort of funny. I was big places, small in places all along. First I got the empty butt pants look. Overall I've lost 5 inches on chest and hips, and 8 inches on the waist. But it's going off about how it went on. At one point I had to take my picture 3 times. My hips were huge and I was never pear shaped!! Don't worry. It's all good. In the end it's worth it! Smaller boobs means smaller shirts that fit the shoulders better. Everyone's different. Keep it going!!
  • Vicki_78
    Vicki_78 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i have lost 60 pounds and sadly my boobs have gotten much smaller :( giving serious thought to giving them some help!!! :)
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My oldest has lost a lot of weight, wishes she could loose some boobs, but has not. It makes her look bigger when she's lost inches, still. She's too big for department store bras. I happily got mine at Target for $14 with a "get $1 off now" sticker on it! There are advantages!
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You can't choose where you lose weight from, it depends on where your body is prone to storing fat which is why people are different shapes! Once you've lost a bit all over, you will still be in proportion.
  • namrettik
    Options
    For me, it seems that I'm losing fat in places that had become fat most recently (i.e. tummy). My waist melted off 2 inches in 4 weeks, while my hips took 4 weeks to go down one inch. My hips have been larger for a much longer time. So have my boobs. So my boobs haven't changed at all, that I've noticed, while my hips are grudgingly going along with the weight loss.

It's just my hypothesis, but I think weight is lost most quickly in "new" fat stores, and more stubbornly in the "old" fat stores. The body's okay with short-term changes, but once you start attacking what's been there for years, it gets a bit anxious.
  • Icbarr
    Options
    Come to think of it, when I gain weight my breasts are the first place that shows. It is no surprise that it is the first place that "slims down" when I lose weight. It is true how everyone is different. One of my good friends shows her weight gain/loss on her face. When she is a bit heavier, her face takes a round shape, but when she looses weight her face is oval.

Thanks all for your replies!