S/O: What is your fav brown rice?

Options
Ok, this is a spin off from my grocery list post. Many of your mentioned brown rice. I have a hard time finding one I like...
So, please share....

Replies

• carolyne2
    Options
    I think its a bit of an acquired taste - it's just so different from white, I think the more you eat of it, you just get used to it and accept it.
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I only like the parboiled kind (same for white rice, I think it has a better texture) on the bag of parboiled brown rice, it will say to cook it like pasta, in a pot of water then drain, but I've found it works fine ooking it the regular way, with 2 cups of liquid to 1 cup rice
  • Sarah_B_Harris
    Options
    Success brand Boil-in-Bag brown rice....
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Uncle Ben's brown heart healthy rice..170 calories for a cup cooked and no sodium! it was good.
  • blbradford87
    Options
    instant!!! seriously cooking brown rice takes soooo long.. the instant stuff tastes better in my opinion..
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Sucess Boil in Bag Rice. Very easy to work with and the kids like it too.
  • erbenoit20
    erbenoit20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the Uncle Browns Brown Rice. I cook up like 1-2 cups unprepared and refrigerate the unused portions for a couple days worth of meals. A good receipt I use:
    Chicken Teryaki Rice- 3/4cup cooked brown rice, 2 tbsp Teryaki Sauce, & 3oz Costco grilled chicken breast strips!
    Makes for an awesome meal and under 300 calories!
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I LOVE just organic medium grain brown rice. legit actualy brown rice. nothing from some weird prepared bags. sometimes they actually add coloring to rice to make it LOOK brown if you dont check labels carefully! I also love long grain wild rice and usually mix the two. I buy mine usually at vitamin cottage (they have bulk packages there) or whole foods...
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good!

I should add, I"m still experimenting/getting used to, brown rice. I made some the other day that turned out mushy-yuck. If I don't like it, I know the rest of my family won't. I haven't gotten my husband or boys switched over to rice, from potatoes yet, so when I do make it, I'm the only one eating it :/ I think I may try the instant-maybe it will turn out better? Does the instant have the same nutritional value as non instant?
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Lundbergs.
  • Jess3Loves
    Jess3Loves Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Sucess Boil in Bag Rice. Very easy to work with and the kids like it too.

This is what I bought! I will try it tomorrow for dinner.