30d shred question. What level?

glitterballv
glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi guys,

Hope someone can help me out here...
Did my first day of 30d shred today. Did level 1 as I haven't exercised much recently but I didn't find it that hard.
DOn't get me wrong, some of the strength stuff I could feel it by the end of the reps but the cardio not so much. I was working but not exactly at peak exertion.
So, should I go to level 2 or do a few more days of level 1 first to build up the strength stuff a bit more?

thanks!!

Replies

• soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Are you following the Anita the whole time, the one doing the harder version? If so I'd say go to level 2.
  • i am in the same boat. i did a week of level one. level two definitely has harder cardio sessions, but they are still only 2 mins long.
    I still include my own cardio sessions a few days a week because she just cant get enough in for her 20 min workout.
  • I would say lvl 1 is easier but it also does work different muscles. So I would keep doing it because lvl 2 is alot harder.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    The "plan" is do to Level 1 for ten days, level 2 for ten days, and then level 3 for the last ten days.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    level 2 is quite the jump up from level one. Just listen to your body, if it's too easy, move along.
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    I read somewhere that you should try doing level 1 twice in a row & see how you feel after that-- if twice is still easy, move on.
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    What equipment is required to do the video? Do you need to weights or anything special?
  • Got comfortable with level 1--- (about 10 days but doing other things too)

Went to level 2--- and the next day my knees were killing me
    Did level 2 again---- again, the knees were basically done for
    --- could run- couldn't climb stairs...

The other day I went back to level 1 b/c I couldn't make it to gym,,, might skip over to level 3 next times....something with level 2 and my knees
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    What equipment is required to do the video? Do you need to weights or anything special?

A yoga mat and weights, though I did my first 3 days without weights & still felt the burn!
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Thanks krm0789
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Did you do Level 1 with the 5lb weights? When I did my first round of Level 1, I used 3lbs weight and it was hard but not super difficult. However, when I upped the weights to 5lbs...it made a HUGE difference...try that maybe?
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Did you do Level 1 with the 5lb weights? When I did my first round of Level 1, I used 3lbs weight and it was hard but not super difficult. However, when I upped the weights to 5lbs...it made a HUGE difference...try that maybe?

Ah thats a good idea, I was using 3lb weights, maybe will do it tomorrow with 3lb weights and then go up to 5lb and see how I feel after 7d then go up to level 2.

I was doing the harder version of the modifications.

Thanks for all your answers!
This discussion has been closed.