Cruise

Options
So I just looked at my calendar and I leave for my cruise in 5 weeks!!! Why the HELL have I done this to myself and let myself get this big? Its like im always repeating history or something. Every time I go on vacation its the same thing, I think OMG I cant go and be mistaken for a beached whale I have to bust my *kitten* and lose some weight. Of course though I can never lose enough in such a short period of time and then I go on vacation feel uncomfortable and gross. I always manage to lose a little bit before my vacation then i come back and gain it all back plus some!!! its sooooo fricken frustrating!!! I dont know why any of us do this to ourselves!!! its like we fricken chose to be unhappy!!! Cause lets be honest there are very few people out there who are happy with being overweight. A few years back a managed to get down to 190 and for me I actually looked fantastic. I have a weird body and im not meant to be a size 2, if anything the smallest my body will look healthy at would prob be 150 160. If only I could get down to close to 190 for me to enjoy my cruise. It will never happen as 190 is totally unrealistic and I realize that. The other day my "if everyday were like today you'd weight 202 in 5 weeks" I was like oh pretty pretty please!!! Now I know that weight is motivation but the chances of that happening in 5 weeks is slim. I guess im just frustrated right now! Maybe i'll just wear a parka the whole time im on the cruise. I'll tell everyone im allergic to the sun or something!!

So ive done pretty good so far though. Ive been on this site for 26 days and ive lost 8 pounds maybe a lil more now. Now I should be celebrating my success and I have been. I have been strict and I havent really cheated with junk or given up. Im on here everyday and I track everything! Im just frustrated because I guess I can see that in the next 5 weeks im lucky if I can lose another 5 pounds maybe a lil more. I hate always being the unattractive fat girl in beautiful hot places where everyone is walking around in skimpy bikinis.

I guess my purpose of this post is just for some motivation or maybe for some ideas on things I could do to help with the weight loss and make sure it doesnt slow down before I go. I may not be able to be 200 by the time I go but I dont want to be far off. I wanna lose as much as I can healthily as I can. I already drink 4 litres of water. I go to the gym six days a week (if my schedule permits) My workouts however could probably be a little more intense or maybe I should workout longer. I hate working out though I feel like it interrupting my day!! lol

So Im not sure what I want anyone to say I guess maybe I just needed to vent and get a little motivation. Im not ready to give up I just I dont know!! lol

Thanks for listening to me babble!!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

Check out my website below to read my story and learn more about the fabulous program that helped me lose 77 pounds in 5 months.
  • girl_brett
    girl_brett Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed reading what you have to say! I leave for vacation on the 17th of this month, but will be in the snow, so for me when you have layers of clothing I'm gonna look even bigger then I am! LOL

We can do this!!!!!
  • Phoenyxlove
    Phoenyxlove Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I know all too well how you feel! I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow and even my clothes from the summer are too tight :(. I tried some on last night and was not happy! Im really not looking forward to getting into a bathing suit! But hey we live once, there were too many times in my life I missed out on things like that because of my weight and I refuse to do that any longer. You can definitely lose a good amount in 5 weeks! Just keep doing what you're doing. What I find makes me feel a bit better is toning. For some reason it just makes me feel thinner. You're doing great and if you just keep it up you will feel great going on your cruise!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    My thing was when I went on cruise I was so afraid of putting on the weight I had already lost. Go and have fun. Those people don't care about you anyways. There were people bigger then me wearing swimsuits. I think everyone on a cruise is there for the fun and relaxation.

Oh btw I only gained 1lb on the cruise and lost it right away when I got back.
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Options
    I know how you feel, i have a holiday booked for later in the year with my mum-in-law ....i love her to bits but she has such a good figure it makes me cry when i think about sitting on a beach next to her :-(

You will lose the weight and have a fab cruise......Keep working at it :-)
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You'll hit five pounds no problem! Without exercise you should be able to make it at least 1 pound per week if you are on top of your food; adding in some of your great workouts you should exceed that ;) And don't you worry about what others think on your vacation. You will likely never see them again in your life. They don't know you and certainly don't care about you so why waste energy caring about their opinion...... ENJOY and just remember how far you have come :wink:
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've only been on one cruise but I can tell you much of the clientele on that cruise (Carnival) were generally too busy either getting on the buffet lines, or perched on the edges of their seats busily shoveling their finds down, to bother checking out my horrible physique.

It's a bit blunt, but true, description of a frighteningly high proportion of the shipboard population on that particular cruise.