Exercises for back injury?

kristiduda
kristiduda Posts: 3
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all,
I have been doing a combination of cardio/strength exercises over the past few weeks and feel like I've been doing great. Unfortunately yesterday I pinched a nerve in my back. I really don't want to lose my momentum and the progress I've made. Does anyone have any suggestions for exercises I can do while my lower back is sore? Thanks in advance!

Kristi

Replies

• Unfortunately I'm on the same boat as you, strained my lower back, and I've had a lot of pain and nasty spams. Codeine has been a joy which has helped me function. I don't know how bad your pain is, or if you've seen a doctor, physio etc. The only things I've now been able to do is walking and stretching the back. I imagine I could have handled swimming, don't know if you have a pool available to use. Now I'm feeling a bit better and feel I could do a stationary bike with the handles high and an elliptical trainer. Don't push yourself too much though, that's the mistake I did and then ended up much worse.
  • I just went through 2 months of physical therapy for lower back pain and the doctor said it was most likely a herniated disk, pinching a nerve. So anyways... the physical therapist had me doing lots of bridge raises and planks, both forward and side planks. The physical therapist would also massage my lower back and glutes at each appointment which also helped. From what I learned, increasing your lower back and ab strength helps to heal current injury and prevent future injury. If it doesn't get any better, I would recommend seeing your doctor and maybe look into seeing a physical therapist, so they can help you heal and strenthen your lower back.

I need to practice what I preach because since I stopped therapy, I've slacked off on my planks and bridges.... and my back has started being sore again....
This discussion has been closed.