Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Nogo
Nogo Posts: 105 Member
A bunch of my friends have purchased a Heart Rate Monitor and from what they have been saying I want one! I've been researching them and cannot find one that looks not so utilitarian. Are there any cool HRM watches out there?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4--it has a chest strap, which is the only way to go. My 72 year old mom even has one, so not too hard to use.
  • liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar 6 HRM.. I LOVE it. Very easy to setup and very easy to use
  • wendysmith18
    Options
    I have a polar too, with chest strap. I can use the chest strap without the watch with the machines in my gym, so I don't even have to wear the watch :)
    I also swim with the watch and strap and I find it a great help as I don't always swim as hard as I should!
    Wendy
  • jwparks4
    jwparks4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin FR60. It is pretty flexible with the "attachments". There are a couple of bundles of the FR60. There are quite a bit of colors to choose from (check amazon to find what you like). The USB ANT+, which transfers information to your computer, works on PC and MAC. The Garmin website allows you to upload your information to it for free. The Garmin FR60 does NOT have GPS.

I have been happy with mine.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I think this one is pretty cool.

http://embedded-lab.com/blog/?p=1671
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I have a Sigma PC9 in berry with a chest strap. Not quite as pricey as the polars (it's about $50) and you don'tt have to ship it off to polar when the battery dies. I love mine, it's really easy to work once you have everything set up :)

Oh, and I went to ebay and got mine new, not used.
  • VezNo1
    VezNo1 Posts: 83
    Options
    Make sure you get an own code one, that way no interference from other ones in the gym or class
  • Candice73
    Candice73 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yep tried a few and have settled with the Polar F11 due to good instructions and easy to use...not too chunky either !!!
  • juliebrc1
    Options
    I think this one is pretty cool.

http://embedded-lab.com/blog/?p=1671
    Really??? You are so funny!
  • Temamc
    Temamc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a sportsline solo 960 and I love it....it's a hrm and pedometer and well as count calories...it does a lot
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    I have a Sigma PC9 in berry with a chest strap. Not quite as pricey as the polars (it's about $50) and you don'tt have to ship it off to polar when the battery dies. I love mine, it's really easy to work once you have everything set up :)

does yours track calories too??
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options

does yours track calories too??

Yes...
  • lilwednesday
    Options
    I have a POLAR FT and FT4. Lots of my exercise buddies have one too. They just all look like a sports watch. Boring but functional.