Work Out Video Help

Caper88
Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone have some suggestions for beginner level work out videos? Something that focus on cardio. I know there is P90x but it looks way to hard for me yet. I also just picked up 30 Day Shred but not tried it yet.

Replies

• jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    I love the Frim really helped change my body shape, than i moved on to P90, (just P90 not P90X), than Jaried Love Ripped and now P90X. But anyway I have used the Firm a few times over the years when I've let slide and they are alway helpfull to look different quickly
    Good Luck
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,042 Member
    I really like Slim in 6. It has three different levels, so you can move up whenever you're ready.
  • carriep2010
    carriep2010 Posts: 117 Member
    I really enjoy Leslie Sansone walking dvd's, you can get them at walmart and target for about $10.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    don't concentrate so much on beginner level, cuz you will blow through it eventually. Just start something you would enjoy and try to stick with it each day a minute longer than the previous- and you will get through it.

My recommendation is anything by Chalene Johnson- try TurboJam by beachbody. I just read an article on Yahoo that said kickboxing was the #1 way to burn calories as it engages all of your muscles at the same time--and I love it!!!!!!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    The Firm & Turbo Jam are my choices because you can use them throughout your journey. They can all be modified for beginner levels and you can increase the intensity as you need it!
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    I use Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and have just moved up to level 2. Its a great workout and I can already see my body getting more toned in so many areas. Its only a 20minute workout but if u give it your all it really pays off. I also saw good results in the past with Beach Body Power 90 with Tony Horton. P90X looks too tough for my taste. I have heard it works really well but u have to stick with it. These all work really well its just what works best for you? I have 2kids so the 20minute butt kicking workout really pays off for me :)
  • denisecc
    denisecc Posts: 72 Member
    I have been using The Biggest Loser DVD"S they are a great cardio workout and they work the whole entire body. Plus they go in levels, 1.2.3 you can go at you own pace. They sell them at Walmart for only 9 dollars. Good luck..
  • Caper88
    Thanks for all of the suggestion, keep them coming :)
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    I alternate a longer lower impact cardio(Walk Away the pounds) with Jillians 30 Day Shred. Beginner is relative. Anything you start doing you can build up to by modifying. 30 Day Shred can throw a lot pretty fit people into shock. But if I can do it at 300 lbs(when I started) anyone can do it.
  • Caper88
    Thanks for the encouragement ShrinkinMel
This discussion has been closed.