Anyone try Fitbit?

crutherford1205
crutherford1205 Posts: 18 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I am looking for a daily calorie/pedometer/fitness tool. I don't want to spend the money on Bodybug or some of the other types. I have been reading about Fitbit, and curious if anyone has used one and their thoughts on it.

Replies

• HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    I just got one midweek last week. Been wearing it 24-7 since. It's kind of awesome. It is super easy to sleep with. I clip it on my camisol that I sleep in and forget it's there. It does show a pattern for sleeping but I am gratified when I see my sleep efficiency number every morning. Last night I didn't sleep so well. So that helps me prepare for what kind of day I might have or tells me that I should plan for a nap.

My main reason for purchasing was to have an accurate way to track my calories burned during a workout. When I get onto the treadmill or elliptical or whatnot, I press the button on the fitbit until it says 'start' then I work out and when I'm done I hold down the button until it says 'stop'. Then I walk upstairs to enter my exercise into MFP and also hit refresh on my fitbit.com profile and all my info is loaded into the fitbit. It'll tell me total calories burned/steps taken/distance travelled for the day as well as those things for just the timeframe between when I hit start and stop. I then take that info and log it into my exercise diary on MFP.

I wear it 24-7. I forget its there but I keep it in the same spot on my clothes (hooked onto my right bra strap) so that I always know where to look no my clothes before they go into the laundry basket. I really like it. So far I've even been motivated to work out by it. There's a flower that appears on it and the more active you are, the taller the flower grows. If my flower is pretty short, sometimes I'll go for a walk or take the stairs at work or even do a longer workout just to make it grow. It's silly, but I like it.

The $100 price point makes it expensive enough that you'll always know where it is, but not so expensive that you can't justify having made the purchase. It does serve it's purpose and it is really easy to use. I've only had it a few days though, so I'm sure I'll learn more about it as I go along.
  • crutherford1205
    crutherford1205 Posts: 18 Member
    Thanks for the info! It sounds like just what I am looking for. I agree about the price! I told my husband that I just found my Valentine's gift. :)
This discussion has been closed.