Turbo Fire or Turbo Jam?

AggieCass09
AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm getting bored with my current routine of P90X hybrid with Half Marathon Training and am looking for some at-home videos to supplement my calorie burn at night.

I currently follow this plan:
Weekdays @ 4:30 am; Weekends @ 8 am

Mon/Friday: P90X strength routine (rotate through them) at gym
Tues/Thurs: Easy 3-4 mile run outside
Wednesday: Indoor Cycle
Saturday: Tempo or Speedwork Run (4-7 miles), Golf
Sunday: Long run (8-10 miles), Vinyasa 3 Yoga

I'm very fit and am looking for suggestions or comments on Turbo Fire or Turbo Jam. For those of you with HRM, what is your calorie burn like? I'm 5' 7" F 156 and would like to get 500+ calories...is this possible with these videos (I burn about 1000 during my hour long spinning class and about 100 cal per every 10 min running)

Thanks for your input :-D

Replies

• glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Turbo Fire has much more intensity than Turbo Jam. On average, I get a 100 calorie burn every 10 minutes. I also find after the shorter HIIT workouts that my average resting calorie/minute burn (according to my bodybugg) stays elevated for quite awhile as well.

I'm also doing a hybrid right now of P90X and Turbo Jam, and really like the combination.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I get a great calorie burn with Turbo Jam with most of the discs, normally over 500 with the Cardio Party remixes (except 3). Though, I really think that Turbo Fire is a more advance version of Turbo Jam. If you are looking for a good burn and challenge I would say Turbo Fire.
  • 500 per TurboFire workout is very doable on the long ones. Even the HIIT's I burn like 250 on HIIT15 I think it is. You can definitely shred some calories with the Fire!
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Since you are already a rockstar :)...Turbo Fire all the way! Turbo Jam is fun but to be honest it is low intensity and for someone who isn't that into exercise. I've been consistently exercising for about 6 years now and TF kicks my hinny everytime! Good luck!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Thanks for the input...Turbo Fire it is! I've just got to get the okay from the stingy husband :-D Is there a schedule that you are supposed to follow? I'll probably only get work outs in three nights a week (school is picking up again)
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    You will love Turbo Fire, Cass! And yes there is a schedule with it.
This discussion has been closed.