Hi! Help me stay motivated!

Options
Hello,
My name is Britney and I am hoping to get in shape for my wedding in July! My maid of honor recommended this site and I hope to stay motivated with diet and exercise.
Hope you are all having a great Sunday!

Replies

• BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great site with a great bunch of people that are always willing to give words of encouragement. more than welcome to add me if you would like.
  • knoderer23
    Options
    Good for you! I just recently started doing this myself. The big thing to keep in mind is that this is really just one step to being in shape, it helps you analyze the Food part of you're diet. Add me if you jus want someone to do this with. I'm focusing on eating healthier to improve my overall health to work with my training for baseball.
  • weagle81
    weagle81 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This site helps you realize what you're putting in your body.. I had no idea what all I was eating until almost 2 weeks ago.. Now I'm adding some exercise and watching what I eat a little better and I feel great!! Just keep your head up and when you want to eat something just work twice as hard!! Thats what I've done:) Good luck and keep your eye on the prize!!
  • jodie1306
    Options
    Hi Britney :-)

It's an amazing achievement that you have made the decision to take control of your life. If I can give you one piece of advice, it is to use this site to it's absolute maximum. Track every single bit of food that you eat (even when you've gone off track). Remember you are the only one who has access to your food diary & it will definately help you in your journey to be able to see it written down what you are eating & whether or not you need to make some changes. You can't change what you don't track.

Also, "use" everyone here. There are so many people like you who have gone through the same struggles, who have tips on how to make it through, tips on what might work for you, exercise tips, tips to staying focused & will be here to help you celebrate your victories.

And you never know, you might just make some life long friends.

Good luck & stay positive :wink:
  • PharmCat12
    Options
    Hi Britney! I'm glad that you joined the site...we can help keep each other motivated!! It is so nice having people around to support you and lend you words of encouragement when the going gets tough. :)
  • melsste
    melsste Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome.... do you have a plan to follow? That will be key!! Then folks here will try to help you stay on track!! Congratulations!!! and Best of luck in your weight loss plans!!
  • britneyash
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words! So far, I am loving this site! I am going to use this site to monitor my caloric intake and get ideas for eating right. I am hoping to get to the gym more often too. Being part of such a nice community is awesome!