P90X...

meana717
meana717 Posts: 261 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
okay so I went to start P90X today, Chest and Back, well, I didn't get very far. I didn't buy a pull up bar, I literally don't have anywhere to use it in the house. Didn't get the bands either. My question is... how do I use the bands at home? i mean really, i am not mounting rings in my house to use them... so any help would be awesome. Going to RESTART tomorrow with this workout....

Replies

• bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    There is a door attachment with the bands so you can put it in any door frame. I use the bands that way. The first workout, I actually did all of the pull up moves with dumbbells because I didn't have the bands and didn't want to put off starting! Good luck!
  • my bands came with a door thing that you hook the band through and then close a door on it and it holds in place. really not sure how well the workout will work for you without the pull up bar though. there are a ton of pull ups. Good luck!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Same problem that I had, I just go to the gym for my chest and back. Well, I just do the gym, tried the P90X for 2 weeks, loved it the first week missed the gym durin the second week. It's okay, I still do the ab ripper x and sometimes plyometrics, however, it's not really my thing. I'd rather workout my chest and back one day, legs the next then shoulders and arms the followerin day. Then I take a yoga or ploymetrics day and restart it over like that so that I get 2 days for each body part in and I also follow each weight trainin workout with 30 minutes of cardio. I train harder at the gym then I did with the P90x. I am still sore from yesterdays shoulders and arms. I train harder then what they can offer. I love to feel the burn and honestly to me P90x is more for a beginner someone who don't normally workout and it shows how to do proper form and a basic workout routine.

But as far as the pull up bar or the bands, I don't have any room for that either so I just worked my back with weight training. You can also lay on the floor and do "superman" stretches not completly sure of the name same with if you got a ball you can do back exercises with a ball. Just subsitute for the back exercises.
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Thanks everyone... I wasn't sure about the bands, I need to go buy some tomorrow! I jumped on the elliptical for 40 minutes and then did some sit ups and some pushups... couple calisthenics.
This discussion has been closed.