Chicken, Turkey and Fish receipes!

Options
jlmnk1313
jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
Hey guys I really need some chicken, turkey and fish receipes! I love to bake and use my slow cooker so if you have any casseroles or any EASY receipes I would love them! Since I work 12 pm to 7 pm I need food that is either quick or can be put in a slow cooker or casserole. THANK YOU AHEAD OF TIME FOR YOUR RECEIPES!!!! I am just tired of the same things!!!!

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Ok here's another: Turkey Chili

99% lean ground turkey (1-2 lbs)
    Can of chili beans
    2 tomatoes chopped
    fresh mushroom stems and pieces
    1 small chopped onion

Chili seasoning and cumin to taste (watch sodium)
    Can add cayenne pepper if you want some more heat.

Dump all in crock pot and cook on high until boiling - then simmer as long as you'd like. (I know this is vague - but I usually just make it on the stove bring to a boil and then serve)

Great topped with shredded cheddar and plain greek yogurt, can also serve with some type of healthy tortilla chip if desired.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    The easiest one I have just involves putting frozen chicken breast in the slow cooker with some veggies (I use frozen) with a container of chicken stock (you can use organic, I don't) and let it sit all day. My kids don't like casseroles and don't like things mixed up, so I take out the chicken and serve the veggies separate, make up some rice and we are good! I suppose you could cook the rice with the rest, but I don't.
  • Taryn51
    Options
    Yum!! Im going to put this on for 2morrow nites tea ;-)
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thanks girls I really appreciate it! I will definately try these!
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    my suggestion, get a bag of tilapia @ walmart. Several fillets for not much money, and they defrost fast. If you forget to take em out just run cold water over them for a bit and they are defrosted fairly quickly. pick up a can of Tony's Chachere's Creole seasoning. Sprinkle a little or sprinkle a lot on the fish and heat it up in a bit of extra virgin olive oil. It cooks so quickly and is so flavorful! And not expensive! great with asparagus and a "baked" potato in the microwave! We have it probably once a week here.
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Sounds great and I have all of that in my freezer and cabinet! Thanks that just might be lunch tomorrow!