wii fit owners

Options
emtink
emtink Posts: 387 Member
i'm curious to hear from people who've had theirs for awhile now. what do you think? i'll be finishing up twilight princess soon, and i'll get store credit to buy something. since its kinda expensive, i thought it would be nice to use the credit to offset the cost a little. anyone used it consistently and seen results?

thanks,
em

Replies

• emtink
    Options
    i'm curious to hear from people who've had theirs for awhile now. what do you think? i'll be finishing up twilight princess soon, and i'll get store credit to buy something. since its kinda expensive, i thought it would be nice to use the credit to offset the cost a little. anyone used it consistently and seen results?

thanks,
    em
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    this is an interesting topic. it's amazing to see how technology has advanced. I'd be willing to dish out the money because it's a genuine concept of mixing virtual entertainment and fitness. Is it worth it, though?
  • emtink
    Options
    $90 sounds kinda steep. but i guess the question for me is more about how effective and motivating it is. i've checked the gamefaqs boards, and mostly people are flaming the whole concept of wii fit. so, thats not very helpful for someone who wants a real assessment of effective it is as an exercise and weight loss tool.
  • wfarrell2404
    wfarrell2404 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love it!! I have slacked off this week on using it but it is great, you do have to do about same time each day because it does show you the flucuation in weight. It is alot of fun and I am usally very sore the next day and I dont notice as much weight coming off i would say as i do things fitting differently and feeling stronger. I hope this helps you
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    I have it and I love it. I was skeptical of it, at first, and had no intentions of buying it. My mom offered to buy me one and so I thought "what the heck?"

I've had so much fun with it. The games are lots of fun and it doesn't even really feel like you're working out. IMO, it's not a replacement for a real work out, but it really does get your heart rate up and should be used as a supplement. When I first started using the strength training/yoga parts of it I though "oooh, this doesn't hurt at all. This sucks, I'm not using these portions of it anymore" yeah, no. I woke up the next day after doing strength training/yoga for about 30 minutes with Wii (and only doing that) and I was sore. Like it hurt to roll out of bed and walk down the stairs sore.

I think it's totally worth it, as long as you'll use it.
  • emtink
    Options
    thanks, that helps a lot. i think will get one, when i can find one!!
  • jetswa737
    jetswa737 Posts: 28
    Options
    I want one so bad.Everyone that I know who has one. Loves it. Says its the closet thing to a workout that you could do at home. Also, they say it almost like having your own personal trainer. I live in the dallas area and it is so hot here right now that it would be nice to do something close to a workout in the comfort of my own home. The thing that sucks is that you cant find one around here to save your life. I have called all the Walmart, Target, Gamestops etc in the city. I went to Circuit City on Sunday and waited in line for an hour hoping to get on and only to find out 5 minutes prior to the store opening that they only had 5 in stock. I was number 6 in line. So, if you can find one, at the 89.99 price but it. If you dont like it resell it you could at least get your money back with the deman. Heck depending on how long I have to wait to get one I will buy it from you if you dont like it. I would be careful looking for one on ebay and such as people are trying to sell them for double the price. Good luck
  • emtink
    Options
    i've heard its impossible to find, but i would rather wait with my store credit than by one for twice the price on ebay. believe or not, kids on the gamefaqs boards who work at retailers were complaining about people constantly calling about the wii fit!!! its not our fault. they should be complaining to nintendo for not making more.
  • Mrsace13
    Mrsace13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!

My whole family loves it. I put a hold on it two months before it came out. My 7 year old gets on it daily and I would rather her play on it vs. sitting on the couch. My 19 year old just had a baby and loves getting on it. My husband that wont go to the gym loves to compete against the kids.

Our family competes so we are getting fit while having fun. It keeps track of your weight and BMI and gives you helpful hints.