*Sigh* I think I need professional help!

Options
I need diet-rehab!!!

I was SO on the ball for like a good month and I just dropped it. I MEAN DROPPPED IT!!!!

I could go into all of this and that about how I was stressed out and crazy busy and blah blah blah, but I won't because it's just an excuse and if I look for one I will ALWAYS find an excuse and I don't want that.

I need to make some new commitments and REALLY stick to them. I really put my diet on the back burner and I need to bring it back to the front. I need to again become COMPLETELY aware of what I'm putting in my mouth.

I've stopped smoking, (day 8 baby!), I've got my running shoes and I'm rearing to go but the thoughtless habits that I've recently relapsed into are totally preventing me from taking advantage of any of it.

Basically, I need a big fat kick in the rear!

The scale should be enough (Yeah, up 10. TEN, that's half of what i lost. oh boy.) but it doesn't seem to be. I need structure and will power and I can totally get through this! I'm back on the wagon as of TODAY! I'm going to go the gym and I'm going to kick my butt! And I'm only going to have ONE chicken breast and ONE serving of potatos and NO ice cream!

I can do this, we all can! All we need to do is get past ourselves! We WILL be who and what we want to be because we're strong and determined. And no one, not even ourselves, will get in the way.

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS!!!!!!!!!!

:noway: I crack myself up. :laugh:

Replies

• ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    I need diet-rehab!!!

I was SO on the ball for like a good month and I just dropped it. I MEAN DROPPPED IT!!!!

I could go into all of this and that about how I was stressed out and crazy busy and blah blah blah, but I won't because it's just an excuse and if I look for one I will ALWAYS find an excuse and I don't want that.

I need to make some new commitments and REALLY stick to them. I really put my diet on the back burner and I need to bring it back to the front. I need to again become COMPLETELY aware of what I'm putting in my mouth.

I've stopped smoking, (day 8 baby!), I've got my running shoes and I'm rearing to go but the thoughtless habits that I've recently relapsed into are totally preventing me from taking advantage of any of it.

The scale should be enough (Yeah, up 10. TEN, that's half of what i lost. oh boy.) but it doesn't seem to be. I need structure and will power and I can totally get through this! I'm back on the wagon as of TODAY! I'm going to go the gym and I'm going to kick my butt! And I'm only going to have ONE chicken breast and ONE serving of potatos and NO ice cream!

I can do this, we all can! All we need to do is get past ourselves! We WILL be who and what we want to be because we're strong and determined. And no one, not even ourselves, will get in the way.

• emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hooray!! Lets take over the world!! (running with fist in the air)
  • ToTheLove
    Options
    Hooray!! Lets take over the world!! (running with fist in the air)

:laugh:
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. Each day gives U more momentum.

Make sure U R doing an exercise U like or else your setting yourself up 2 fail.

And no matter what stay w/us.(MFP)
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I think we all feel this way sometimes... My suggestion.. GO find pics of you before you started... then put them next to you now... SEE THE DIFFERENCE.... THats whats keeping me going.. plus now When I tell people I am loosing weight... they are like right on... I may inconvience them but oh well.. ITS MY LIFE right.. and you should feel the same way. GOOD LUCK and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • bayaderka
    bayaderka Posts: 53
    Options
    It might be hard to get back on track the first week, because sometimes dieting can seem so futile and ineffective.

But once you start to see yourself lose a little bit of weight, its a wonderful motivation! That was the trigger for me.

A good way to stay on track is to weigh yourself every morning without exception, because blow out binges, or constant grazing WILL show up the next day. Weighing in every day is a very preventative tool.
  • ToTheLove
    Options
    It might be hard to get back on track the first week, because sometimes dieting can seem so futile and ineffective.

But once you start to see yourself lose a little bit of weight, its a wonderful motivation! That was the trigger for me.

A good way to stay on track is to weigh yourself every morning without exception, because blow out binges, or constant grazing WILL show up the next day. Weighing in every day is a very preventative tool.

I actually used to do that. And it started driving me crazy because I fluctuate ALOT so I'd be down like a lb and a half in the middle of the week, but by the end of the week I was only down a lb.

But as soon as I stopped weighing everyday is when I started this downhill slope. So maybe I ought to go back to that and just keep telling myself that I fluctuate and not to put too much stock in those number other than not wanting to see them go up.

Actually, I think I will take our advice. Starting tomorrow I weigh everyday! (Well, everyday I go the gym. My scale at home is a little psycho and I don't trust it.)
  • lovesdaisies
    Options
    I'm so with you! I have been in weight loss mode for about 3 years now. Weight Watchers brought me down to my goal weight, then I just sort of fluctuated between calorie counting, food watching and counting "Points." I gained about 7 pounds (from 35-40 lost) and wanted to lose it. I joined this board a couple of months ago and was on a ROLL. I got a trainer, worked out with him once a week, went to the gym two additional days per week and did cardio at home two days a week. I was totally into it and - for the first time in my life - my stomach was actually HARD. I was so excited.

But then...I cheated one day.

From that point on, it was all downhill. All it took was a cupcake from a co-worker and I couldn't get back on track. I'm very black and white that way. Cheat once, and I just say, "heck with it...I've already cheated, I might as well just eat!" And regarding exercise, I took one day off from my trainer and haven't been back in three weeks. My first session with him in the past month is this Friday.

Today I finally got back on track both food and exercise-wise. It's midnight Pacific time and I just had a snack of soy beans and raisins and will go to bed in a bit. Did some crunches, some weights, and will do some cardio in the morning.

So what I'm trying to say is, I've been where you've been. I thought I needed a hypnotist or something. Someone to tap into the part of my brain that wants to eat to tell me NOT TO. I wish I could be safe from binging, but that doesn't seem to work for me. I'm prone to it, so I have to watch myself every second of every day. It's kind of like an alcoholic. I just CAN'T EAT what I want. It doesn't work for me. Because I don't now how to say "no." Until I can learn to eat in moderation, and until I reach my goal weight, I will have to be diligent. As will you.

Just take it one day at a time and don't give yourself too many restrictions at one time. If you stop everything at once, you are or likely to slip. Take it slow and you'll be okay.

Report back and let me know how you're doing! GOOD LUCK!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Boy I hear ya and I relate to so much of what you and the other posters have to say
    I came here in Jan and after a few months lost 25 pounds
    My dd went in for surgery on Thursday and since then have had 2 binges and it has been VERY VERY difficult to stay on track
    I'm still going ahead with my weigh-in tomorrow, hopefully it will be slap I need

Tomorrow is a new day...take care of yourself...you deserve it!
    KIM
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Hey, I love your enthusiasm about getting back on track! I have slipped like that as well SEVERAL times throughout the process of losing weight, but after a few days..or a week..lol I always get back to it. I'm sure we ALL slip off the wagon here and there. Don't feel bad! OK, also, I had heard that saying b4 "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels", and I have ALWAYS loved it. Maybe we should print it out and hang it on the refrigerator! lol
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    I need diet-rehab!!!

Don't feel bad. I was on a streak and lost pounds and pounds of weight. I was at a health pinnacle and along with some personal disturbances, I fell off the wagon for the past couple of months. Today was the day I hit the bench for the first time in awhile and it felt like an emancipation as well as punishment. The energy I get can't be replaced and sore muscles will break down and heal agaIN.

I'd recommend changing around your routine so you won't get bored. I find, as a Gemini, I get bored with routines quickly and have to bring that chain, trying something new daily or at the very least weekly.

Best of luck to you!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Get back here on the track and let us know how this week goes! Good luck!
  • ToTheLove
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for your advice!!!

Yesterday I did SO great! I didn't splurge once and it was awesome.

I also got in a really good workout!

So far today I'm on track. I just may cheat and have a little sliver of pecan pie because it's boyfriends 21st birthday today and that's what I got him instead of cake. I should have plenty of room in my calories though so I'm not too worried about it.

Thanks again for the encouragement!
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    That a girl. One day at a time.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    What a great post. Thanks for sharing. I feel like so many others that gave you encouragement, but I just could not say it any better. Very moving post for peeps that need help in maintaining weight. I wish I could find my picture of 2 years ago. I was doing so good. Then like many I fell off and it took 2 years to get back. NOT ANY MORE.

:heart: :heart: :heart: TO ALL MY MFP's

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SunnyInBuffalo
    Options
    I got off track too. Stress at work and at home..and I seem to "go away" from what is healthy. When I get back on track I am amazed at how I pretended the slips weren't going to matter. They matter. The scale shows you that.

Getting back to it as soon as you can is what matters. Your post hits home sooo much.:cry: