It's 10 pm...

misspenny762
misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
I've eaten 900 cals, and I'm NOT HUNGRY AT ALL.

It's not that I've been spacing my food out too much or eating too low-cal. All day long I've had that full feeling. No idea why. Pretty much everything I've eaten I've had to force.

So the obvious question is, should I keep eating?

Yeah it's late at night, but that's not a huge deal as I stay up really late anyways (college student.) Still, since it's 10 already, if I{'m gonna eat anything, I think it's best I eat it now. Which is why I'm asking you all for your opinions.

Replies

• sdhiiif
    sdhiiif Posts: 12 Member
    If you're going to go to sleep soon, I don't think so. Otherwise, you may want to consider eating an apple or a light healthy snack. I understand you should eat something small every couple of hours to keep your metabolism going, but with that said, you shouldn't eat if you're not hungry either and need no more energy for the rest of the day. Good luck!
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    If you're not hungry, and had healthy food during the day, why eat? I frequently have days where I"m under my calorie allowance. Just cause you can have the extra calories doesn't mean you HAVE to. Listen to your body... and eat healthy.
  • jedday
    jedday Posts: 119
    I you are not hungry do not eat. Don't force food into your tummy that just does not make sense. If you are staying up have a some fruit or veggies to munch on if you want but I would just watch it tomorrow and try to do more then 1200 tomorrow :)
  • If you're going to go to sleep soon, I don't think so. Otherwise, you may want to consider eating an apple or a light healthy snack. I understand you should eat something small every couple of hours to keep your metabolism going, but with that said, you shouldn't eat if you're not hungry either and need no more energy for the rest of the day. Good luck!

Agreed. If your body isn't hungry, don't force yourself to eat :) Enjoy your night!
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    i would say that if this is not happening a lot, you are probably fine, but if it happens more, consider keeping some raw nuts on hand, or an avocado, something that is small, won't make you feel bloated for eating, and yet is highly nutritious and will help with those cals. not to mention they are mighty tasty, i sure do love eating an avocado with a little bit of lemon juice and a pinch of salt...all by itself. always feels so decadent to me :)
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    If it's one day - totally not a big thing - if you regularly are under 1,000 calories by bedtime, address your early habits. I try to eat breakfast as the biggest meal of the day (750 calories or so), then 5 more meals of about 300-600 calories each.

Also, stay away from carbs before bed. All the unused carbs are fat.
This discussion has been closed.