I have stayed the same weight...HELP

Options
Guys,
I was never needing to lose tons of weight but I started off at 192 pounds and have managed to get to 179 pounds since Jan 10th,however in the past 10 days I have NOT shifted any more weight but please understand I have been VERY focussed in every day limiting myself to 1250 calories each day PLUS over 600 minutes of Full On Cardio too per week.

So my question is..........if I am eating so little and excercising a lot why am I not losing more weight?? I would love to lose another 12 pounds and then I will be happy!!

Any help and or guidance would be great...... Am I eating too little?? What do I have to do to get me heading south again??

For the record I am a 43 year old man.

THANKS DB

Replies

• lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    you are not eating enough, you are putting your body into starvation mode for a man i think the amount of calories needed a day if you were just to lay in bed is 1400 calories you are not even eating this. then you are burning 600 of what you do eat off. 1260 - 600 = 650 thats what your body is living off. your body is clinging on to every bit of fat because it dont know when its next gonna get proper nutrients it needs.
    if you carry on when you start exercising your body will start burning muscle to get energy.

edit- iv just re-read your doing 600 minutes of cardio a week and not burning 600 calories a day. you are definately not eating enough i have no idea how many calories you are burning
  • classych
    classych Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First, let me ask you, are you eating strictly 1250 calories or are you eating additional for burned calories exercising? If you are eating only the 1250 calories, you might be eating too little. Try eating the max calories but make sure it's healthy foods. The other thing I would look at in your diet is what kind of calories are you getting. Is it mostly veggies, fruit and lean meats? Or is it lots of carbs or processed foods? After years of dieting, I can say for myself, eating too many carbs will keep the pounds on me. I'm not saying no breads but I have to stay within the limits MFP shows.
    I hope this gives you some idea where to look.
  • jeronz
    Options
    Boost your calories to maintenance for a few days to boost metabolism back up, then drop it back down to 10-30% defecit.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    It might be better to see what you've been eating via your food diary if you open your diary up (see link)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Some of us might be able to help if we saw your food.
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I agree with others that your caloric intake may be too low.