WEIGHTing for a miracle!

Options
HI, I am another new hopeful soul who happened upon this board! It looks great! Need to find my way around it as yet, but so far, what a fabulous facility!
I have yoyo'd most of my life, best ever results were about ten years ago when I was superfit and lost around five stones.
So here I am, not getting any younger, and deskbound so much that despite the fact I eat well, I have piled it all back on again.
I have two very motivational goals. One is for May this year when I am "remarrying" my husband in a "Renewal of Vows Ceremony" and my second goal is January 2012 when I go on a cruise. My wardrobe is full of lovely clothes I just cannot fit into, and I sooo want to feel good and fit again!
I am self employed, and at certain times of year ie Oct - Mar I can spend up to sixteen hours a day at a desk. In summer I am more active, but finding it so hard to motivate myself into home aerobics etc... hoping for some buddy support on here to get motivated:)
I have no idea what I weight right now, so put my start weight in as a guess weight. I have ordered new scales which hopefully will get delivered soon. I am not expecting good news on that first weigh in!
I do know I have lost a few lbs this last couple of weeks, only by my clothes, but really want a precise starting point to work from.
I saw myself on TV last night..horror story! I cringed..just cringed :-(
I have got to that "dont take a photo of me" stage...
And yup, get pretty down in the dumps ..
So, hoping to join you all here, and hereby commit myself to following a daily diary and working to my goal.
Anyone joining with me this week? Anyone like to share their success with me?
Good luck me and good luck YOU!

Replies

• mizfrankie
    Options
    You can definitely do it! All you have to do is follow the formula. That's it. I have lost 2 pounds in 20 days...and I've been going over my calories on quite a few days. My diary is open if you ever want to check it out. As long as you are honest about what you've eaten and put it all on there and stick with it - you WILL see results. For sure.
    Drinking herbal teas is great to fill you up especially when you are getting the snacky feeling from being bored or whatever...or flavoured calorie free water is nice too.
    Good luck!!!!!!!!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    HI, I am another new hopeful soul who happened upon this board! It looks great! Need to find my way around it as yet, but so far, what a fabulous facility!
    I have yoyo'd most of my life, best ever results were about ten years ago when I was superfit and lost around five stones.
    So here I am, not getting any younger, and deskbound so much that despite the fact I eat well, I have piled it all back on again.
    I have two very motivational goals. One is for May this year when I am "remarrying" my husband in a "Renewal of Vows Ceremony" and my second goal is January 2012 when I go on a cruise. My wardrobe is full of lovely clothes I just cannot fit into, and I sooo want to feel good and fit again!
    I am self employed, and at certain times of year ie Oct - Mar I can spend up to sixteen hours a day at a desk. In summer I am more active, but finding it so hard to motivate myself into home aerobics etc... hoping for some buddy support on here to get motivated:)
    I have no idea what I weight right now, so put my start weight in as a guess weight. I have ordered new scales which hopefully will get delivered soon. I am not expecting good news on that first weigh in!
    I do know I have lost a few lbs this last couple of weeks, only by my clothes, but really want a precise starting point to work from.
    So, hoping to join you all here, and hereby commit myself to following a daily diary and working to my goal.

Let me start by saying you have found a great resource in MFP. Read the info in this post. It has the links you should read to explain what to do to get started:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

My mini successes are in my signature and my blog. Every day is a success when you are on the down elevator. Keep up your efforts and don't quit B4 the miracle happens. Good luck and friend request me if you like.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/runningneo122
  • 008Lizzy
    008Lizzy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mizfrankie! I need to work out how everything works here, how to edit my profile, leave diary open??? etc.. Will have a good look though it all tonight, but I did add my milk for my chai tea this morning :) And for once, I measured the milk! Need to work now but would prefer to get on here and get planning!
  • 008Lizzy
    008Lizzy Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Let me start by saying you have found a great resource in MFP. Read the info in this post. It has the links you should read to explain what to do to get started:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

My mini successes are in my signature and my blog. Every day is a success when you are on the down elevator. Keep up your efforts and don't quit B4 the miracle happens. Good luck and friend request me if you like.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/runningneo122

Thanks! I will do once I figure everything out :-)