Valentine's Day

Ellem86
Ellem86 Posts: 204
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
Valentine's Day is coming up and I plan on cooking me and the boyfriend a nice meal. We have two birthday dinners in the two days before Valentine's Day and I really want to avoid eating out 3 times in a row so I thought I would cook. What are you guys doing for Valentine's Day? Any suggestions for a 3 course, healthy meal? The boyfriend likes rich, heavy food, should I just ignore eating healthily and make him something I know he will like but will seriously blow me out of my calorie allowance? Your thoughts please!

Replies

• CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    First: One day isn't going to kill you if you do go over your calories. With that said you can still eat that food (if you want to) but in moderation. For instance lets say you want a steak dinner. Make a salad with no dressing, there are barely in calories in that. Only eat 3 oz. of a steak (a serving size of meat) compared to an 8 or 12 oz. have some nice veggies and rice or if you want a potato just beware of sour cream/butter/cheese etc.
  • Course one - Greek Salad
    cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, black olives, roman lettuce; olive oil, red vinegar, dry oregano

Main Course - Salmon Fillet with basel potato mash & olive oil:
    salt, pepper, dash of olive oil & dill on salmon; place in aluminum foil sealed well, in the oven on 375 for 15 minutes; it melts in your mouth like butter & taste very rich, boil potatoes without skin exactly like you're doing mash; when soft mash with diced fresh basel, salt & pepper & olive oil to taste. Steam asparagus to have on the side & it's a rich yummy meal but still healthy.

Desert - One scoop of yogurt ice cream with berries sauce

I hope this helps
  • Parma ham and melon makes a good low cal starter.

I sometimes do fish for main course with a suance of garlic, lemon juice and capers. Just whizz it all up, put over the top of the fish with some salt and pepper and put it in the oven. You can serve it with fresh steamed vegetables and new potatos.

For dessert, try making a compote of fresh berries and serve with low-cal ice-cream or you could just have sorbet.

Hope these suggestions help!
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Thank you both, great suggestions! Steak would go really well with Radwan's starter and dessert :) x
This discussion has been closed.