I gained 5lbs in 2 days!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• everafter08
    Options
    Don't stress--it's probably bloating from sodium and water! It happens to me all the time! Chin up!
  • roebuck1908
    Options
    Try taking the 10 cans of soda from your pockets that could be the problem ?
  • phreddie
    phreddie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same here! A little frustrated... Hit a new low and then spiked back up. I did snack more through the weekend but did not think it was that bad. I am starting to exercise more (for the first time in a long time) and I am starting to crave more food. Just need to focus on the plan. :ohwell:
  • emilybrittain
    Options
    The same thing happened to me this weekend! A few drinks and dinner out and it all goes wrong :( Tried to be really good yesterday but still no change this morning. All of last week's work undone - feeling rather down about the whole thing :(
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said x 2! I was 4 lbs heavier today than I was on Saturday morning. I had Hubs hide the scale and I'm not getting back on till next Sunday. Between beer, queso, chili, and salami that I had yesterday and the BLT from Saturday, I'm sure a LOT of it is fluid/sodium retention, food weight, and probably a BM somewhere in there. It's SO frustrating, but just do what I did and keep off the scale for a few days, work hard and eat well this week and you'll see it come off fast. Good luck to you! (Well, to all of us it seems!!)
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Yesterday 130. Today 135. Yeh, stupid salt!!!!!!!!
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    It's mostly water unless you truly ate 17,500 calories too much yesterday.
  • thestrand
    Options
    i feel your pain :( unfortunately tho it's not just about the extra 5lbs - you should see my stomach swell. :( i wouldnt mind but my period only lasts 3 days but i have two weeks prior of painless cramps etc - so frustrating
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Try taking the 10 cans of soda from your pockets that could be the problem ?

:laugh:
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving weekend, I'd gained 11 lbs. in 2 days.
    Luckily 3 days after that, it all came back off again.
    Unfortunately, after Christmas, I'd gained more than just sodium LOL.
    If it is just water weight, you should see it all gone within a week or two (at most).
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    don't weight your self every day ...

stay sane ... you have the control!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Well, actually one day. I didn't go over my calories on Satuday but yesterday I did with the superbowl and everything. But 5lbs worth??????? Can sodium REALLY add 5lbs??????? This is crazy!!!!

Yes!
  • lclarius
    lclarius Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Like others have said its probably due to the extra fluid intake along with the extra sodium. If i know i've had bad day I give myself a few days before getting on the scale and having a panic attack. This also gives me time to go to the gym and eat a little healthy to counter act all the bad.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience this morning. I splurged on Saturday for my husband's birthday and I did have a lot of water on Saturday and again yesterday, but the scale still suggested I'd gained 4 pds. How can that be??? It's particularly hard to believe since last week was the week that I actually began working out!!!

Something doesn't jive but I refuse to believe that 4 pds is real! And I refused to log in that weight. No way!!!