Meal Replacement & HCG Diet

Options
I know the HCG diet is extremely controversial, so first things first. If you disagree or 'frown upon' this diet, please go ahead and click the back button. I'm posting this because I need some suggestions, not opinions on what you believe is a 'good diet' or a bad one.

That being said, I was wondering if there was something I can eat here at my desk for lunch, like a meal replacement bar or a shake or something that is allowed on the hCG diet. I work the front desk in a member's only restaurant, so I can't exactly take a lunch break and eat the lunch that's outlined on the meal plan. I normally just skip lunch, so by the time I get off i'm starving and usually drive myself to the closest fast food joint. And, well, lets be honest, that DEFINATELY isn't allowed....So i'm wondering what is, if anything?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    the program I am on consists of pre packaged meal replacements (5 a day) plus one meal I prepare myself and I love it because of this reason. So handy, just grab and go!!!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    both of the above are ok if that what you want to do , total respect to you both , just not sure how it teaches you to eat healthy?
  • LdyGeko
    LdyGeko Posts: 433
    Options
    I know the HCG diet is extremely controversial, so first things first. If you disagree or 'frown upon' this diet, please go ahead and click the back button. I'm posting this because I need some suggestions, not opinions on what you believe is a 'good diet' or a bad one.

That being said, I was wondering if there was something I can eat here at my desk for lunch, like a meal replacement bar or a shake or something that is allowed on the hCG diet. I work the front desk in a member's only restaurant, so I can't exactly take a lunch break and eat the lunch that's outlined on the meal plan. I normally just skip lunch, so by the time I get off i'm starving and usually drive myself to the closest fast food joint. And, well, lets be honest, that DEFINATELY isn't allowed....So i'm wondering what is, if anything?

Court - Don't know of any meal replacement bars that have low enough carbs to be Phase 2 friendly - but I have used Atkins ready-to-drink shakes in a pinch. I've also seen people purchase Jay Robb shakes, have heard really good things about them too - just they are a little bit expensive, and I would have to order online. Just be careful to avoid soy-based protein powders, they can make you stall or make your losses slow down....