just joined mfp

Options
i just joined the other day, i hope this will help. i had the lapband surgery on Nov 19,2007 and lost 38lbs in the first three month but havent lost anymore in four months. when i was eating 1200 calories a day and exercising 3 times a week for a half hour i lost like 6 pounds one week then lost another 6lbs in the next two weeks. now im eating around 1700 calories and exercising 5 days a week for 45 min and have lost nothing. i havent exercised now for two weeks because im so discouraged so i took a break, im hoping by going to this website it will make me more aware of how im eating and how many calories im consuming.

Replies

• andrealmt
    andrealmt Posts: 8
    Options
    i just joined the other day, i hope this will help. i had the lapband surgery on Nov 19,2007 and lost 38lbs in the first three month but havent lost anymore in four months. when i was eating 1200 calories a day and exercising 3 times a week for a half hour i lost like 6 pounds one week then lost another 6lbs in the next two weeks. now im eating around 1700 calories and exercising 5 days a week for 45 min and have lost nothing. i havent exercised now for two weeks because im so discouraged so i took a break, im hoping by going to this website it will make me more aware of how im eating and how many calories im consuming.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    welcome!

THe MFP community is a great place to find encouragement and support

AND you get these free robes...

robes.jpg

Father Mike says that shaving our heads will make the exit into the atmosphere THAT much more simple....

*pats forehead 7 times, spins counterclockwise and sends a kiss heavenward*

hee hee hee... couldn't help myself.
    :flowerforyou:
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have been extremely curious about this process. would be be willing to tel me (and others) why you made that decision, what you are expected to do, you know all the stuff. what does it feel like to eat so little at a time? is it difficult to learn? can you cheat? do you? I know I am being extremely nosey, but am considering this option. thanks
  • zen68
    zen68 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome.....and the site is great and it actually has some perks teehee
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    welcome and best of luck
    i think this site is teh bomb if you follow it close i have my free days where i dont log but not often and usualy special occasions like hubb'ys work function and my daughters brithday then ahve a weekdend away so free day that day.

hay manda where can i get mine i think it got lost in the mail or do us down south of the equater not count for one lol not wanting to highjack this but manda that pic of you two is so cute and looks so right.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    welcome and best of luck
    i think this site is teh bomb if you follow it close i have my free days where i dont log but not often and usualy special occasions like hubb'ys work function and my daughters brithday then ahve a weekdend away so free day that day.

hay manda where can i get mine i think it got lost in the mail or do us down south of the equater not count for one lol not wanting to highjack this but manda that pic of you two is so cute and looks so right.

Brother Mike warned me about "outsiders" pretending to have lost their robes so they could infiltrate the cul- err..... "COMMUNITY"... hee hee j/k

Thanks, I think we're pretty cute, too

*hugs*
  • andrealmt
    andrealmt Posts: 8
    Options
    with the band you are supposed to eat less. sometimes it works and sometimes i can eat all day. i pretty much have disciplined myself to eat off of a kids size plate. it is hard not to snack sometimes. they say that if you have the right adjustment than it will work. for some it may take up to 7 adjustments for it to really work the way it is supposed to. ive had three and may go for another next week. i have 1.5 cc in a 4cc band. people ask me if i wish i had the bypass instead and i dont. yes i would have lost more weight by now but i think i would have slipped into old habits and gained it all back. as it is i do still have some of those old habits still. at least with the band you can adjust it. i hope this helps. also you most likely wont get sick with the band as opposed to the bypass, with the bypass somethings will make you very sick. go to the website lapbandtalk.com and it will give you all of the info that you need.
    andrea
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

well I'm not an expert by any means...but I know from myself and from watching shows like the biggest loser and just from other's experiences here...there are big lose weeks and no lose weeks....it could have to do w/ a number of reasons, sodium may be high....things like that...sometimes I feel like right before a loss I hold on to the weight for few weeks then bam....and other times its a bit each week ...so sorry no rhyme or reason...but as long as its slow and steadily moving down I think you're on the right track...even w/ a few delays....:drinker:

hugs and welcome and best of luck!!!
    Ali