Small Victories!

Options
Okay, so I've lost 12lbs over the past three weeks, which should make me feel really good, right? Well, the only place I could REALLY tell was in my face...really, I lost 12lbs in my face?? Not really my idea of results I NEEDED to see. So, today I decided I needed to find some other way to show myself my progress. I put on this pair of capris, that even though they are made out of sweat pant material, had been QUITE tight on me over the past year. GUESS WHAT...not tight anymore!! WOOT!! For me, sometimes it's the smallest things that can get me re-motivated, and this was what I needed today! I just needed to feel a piece of clothing that I could REALLY tell the difference. Thank goodness I have many more of those hiding in the back of my closet for days just like these in the future!

Replies

• Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    good goin hon :) thats the way to do it :)

think positive YAY!!!

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • Lisamariemlt
    Lisamariemlt Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    congrats
    every little bit helps
    keep up the awesome work!!!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I love clothes shopping in my own closet.
  • Gennawest
    Options
    2 lbs is great, much less 12 lbs. You should continue to be proud of your self. Any weight loss is not easy-- it takes dedicated, endurance, and discipline-- and you, have exhibited all three of these. Be proud and motivated, before you know it those pants will fall off, and you will be giving your old clothes away, imagine how that will fee. yippy!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I had lost 13 lbs and thats the place everyone said they could see it was my face, however my pants are getting loose, so thats a good thing. on the downside i just gained back 4.5 lbs last week, Have to get my head back in the game, trust me girl you will start to see is soon!!! 12 lbs is a great weight loss!! keep up the good work!!
  • arwsgirl
    arwsgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That's great! It really is the small stuff that can make the biggest difference. I've lost 10lbs and I still have yet to figure out where it came off. Nothing feels different...yet.
  • alliej
    alliej Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! I think it is important to celebrate the small victories along the way to the big goal. Keep up the good work, I'm rooting for you !!!!!!!
  • helenamonks
    Options
    Same thing happened to me! I lost 14 lbs and even though I'm tracking inches lost and such, I still could only SEE it in my face! I have this awesome pair of dress pants that I hadnt been able to wear in a year or so and the last time I put them on I was in like serious physical PAIN. I put them on and they fit PERFECTLY!! Not tight at all!! Yay for doing all the good things!!!!
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on the 12 lbs down!!
    Yesterday I was able to wear some Old Navy Khakis that I had not previously been able to zip up or button!! YAY!! Sometimes it really is the smallest things! I have to keep reminding myself I didn't get this big overnight, and it's not going to all go away overnight.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    you are doing great job so far 12 lbs is great loss and that is awesome about the pants too!!!
  • LBATL
    LBATL Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!!!

It takes awhile for our brains to catch up with us. I have lost 86 lbs and most of the time when I look in the mirror I see the same person I was 86 lbs ago. I'm hoping that one day I will be able to see the changes that everyone else is seeing. Keep up the good work and keep embracing the small victories on your journey! :)
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I've begun pulling out some things that have been buried in the back of the closet for way too long. So exciting!! Keep it up girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!