Jillian Michael's Challenge! Any Takers?

LauraSchaller
LauraSchaller Posts: 106 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Last week, Jillian Michael's posted this challenge on her Facebook page. (Like her page if you haven't already.. she provides some great tips, tricks, insight, and motivation!) I decided that I was going to start the challenge and see how successful I can be! I encourage you to join me this week.

Ladies: Burn 300 calories daily (minimum)
Men: Burn 500 calories daily (minimum)

Everyone:
*Try one NEW Dinner Recipe this week that is under 500 calories / serving.
*Try one NEW work-out this week that you've never done (ie: crossfit, zumba, tae-bo, etc)

Post your "Under 500 Calorie" recipes here, and tell us what work-outs you are doing and/or have done that are new & exciting! I can't wait to read everyone's inspiration, and success stories!

Replies

• cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    I'm in, I'm a huge Jillian fan. I burn about that much or more a day and just bought Shred it with Weights with a new kettlebell, so that should be my new workout, along with a youtube series I have been following.

FYI, bodyrock.tv is a great source for new exercises as well.

The food should be interesting. I'm always just whipping something up, will have to do a search maybe on food.com? There are also a lot of nice cooking challenges in the food thread I might check out.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    I'm in -- thanks for the heads up!
  • Cool challenge! Just "liked" her page and signed up for her newsletter too, just for kicks. Starting the 30 day shred tomorrow I think, so this will be a great supplement to that.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Hmmm....that sounds like a fun challenge. I did make a promise to myself to try one new recipe a week. Last week was simple turkey chili.
This discussion has been closed.