Wrapped in Lettuce

Options
neverbeenskinny
neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
edited November 2023 in Recipes
I wrap everything that goes on a bun, between bread or in a torilla in lettuce. It's great and you don't miss the bread. I've even ordered a hamburger at a restaurant and asked them for a large piece of lettuce instead of the bun. Try it, you'll love it. It saves a lot of empty calories since most people eat white bread and flour tortilla. YUMMY!!!:smile:

Replies

• neverbeenskinny
    Options
    I wrap everything that goes on a bun, between bread or in a torilla in lettuce. It's great and you don't miss the bread. I've even ordered a hamburger at a restaurant and asked them for a large piece of lettuce instead of the bun. Try it, you'll love it. It saves a lot of empty calories since most people eat white bread and flour tortilla. YUMMY!!!:smile:
  • mamatusa
    Options
    Neverbeenskinny, this sounds like a great idea, this may sound like a stupid question, but what kind of lettuce do you use?
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Neverbeenskinny, this sounds like a great idea, this may sound like a stupid question, but what kind of lettuce do you use?

I was wondering the same thing. :bigsmile:
    :flowerforyou:
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I tried it! I ate my steak slices tonight wrapped in lettuce like a tortilla, it was really good and crunchy. :smile:
    I used romaine heart leaves, don't know what WillBeSkinny uses.
  • neverbeenskinny
    Options
    Thanks redalee for calling me "WillBeSkinny", that makes me feel great.

I've used romaine, green leaf and red leaf lettuce. I've even used butter lettuce. Any kind will do. I try not to eat iceburg due to the fact that it doesn't have much nutritional value, but I'm sure that it will work too.

Sometimes, I will cut other vegetables in julienne strips (carrots, red pepper, radishes, cucumber or anything else) and wrap them up in the lettuce with the chicken, fish, steak or whatever kind of protein you want. Add a little low fat vinegarette dressing and it's very yummy. I've even entertained that way, and let everyone make their own, my friends loved the idea, and I had a party without eating anything bad.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Thanks y’all I am going to try this. I am also going to tell everybody at our meeting Friday about doing this. I am also going to take the “Pumpkin Fluff” (titled pumpkin pie alterative) that I got the recipe for here for a tasting. It is really good. :flowerforyou:
  • mamatusa
    Options
    Thanks neverbeenskinny! I'll be trying this over the weekend! :smile:

mamatusa
  • rissa1322
    Options
    this is a great idea.. just an example of doing this today..

i went to jimmy johns(sub place) for lunch and ordered the beach club.. it comes with turkey, avacado spread, tomato, lettuce, sprouts and provolone.. oh wait and mayo and it goes on a white roll.. as is its 850 cals about and 35 grams of fat

so i did the lettuce wrap instead(its an option for all of thier sandwiches) and took off the mayo.
    it brought it down to 225 cals and 11 grams of fat... and i even got to keep the cheese..

its a great idea to do whenever u can!!!!
  • neverbeenskinny
    Options
    You're welcome mamatusa, let me know what you think.
  • JRedwine
    Options
    If you ever go to In & out Burger they also will wrap it with lettuce and I say no sauce but with mustard. Its yummy!!!
This discussion has been closed.