30 DAY SHRED & SHRED WITH WEIGHTS

mroberts2702
mroberts2702 Posts: 43 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
OMG!!! I have seen others posting about 30 day shred, but has any tried the shred with weight?? It's just as brutal with a kettle ball to boot! I bought both over the weekend. Tried both yesterday (Sunday) and I'm so feeling it today. I get up @5 on weekdays (which i did today) to get my morning started with a low impact workout, but my whole body was still crying from yesterday. I still got up though and pushed through but it was so flippin hard!:bigsmile:

Replies

• humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    I just got both of these DVDs last week and started Thursday - I don't have a kettlebell, just use a dumbell, but they definitely kick your butt! I am on day 5 of 30 day shred, still on level 1, but it is getting easier - I haven't done the shred with weights every day of that, but most, and it is also getting easier - going to use a heavier weight next time, and hopefully invest in a kettlebell soon! I love the workouts - so quick, but I really feel like they are making a difference!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    What size kettlebell are you using? I bought a 20lb one over the weekend, but it's just a bit too much for me right now. I'm doing something wrong, cause my back is feeling it - and not in a good way.

Great job by the way!
    t
  • What are you logging it as? I'm trying shred with weights today with a 15lbs kettlebell. Is it strength training? Maybe vigorous calisthenics?
  • I use weights with the Shred, especially now I'm onto L3 as a lot of the cardio involves weights! :sad: :laugh:
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    I'm sort of confused, I have the 30 day shred (in fact I did it yesterday too, haha) and weights are used normally. Is "Shred with Weights" different? Like do you do the cardio part with weights?
  • mroberts2702
    I use strength training... I also go to weight-loss-center.com because they have an activity calculator that's based off your weight. Haven't been able to afford a heart monitor yet. Btw I use dumbbells also @ 5lbs each.
  • snrose
    snrose Posts: 233 Member
    What size kettlebell are you using? I bought a 20lb one over the weekend, but it's just a bit too much for me right now. I'm doing something wrong, cause my back is feeling it - and not in a good way.

Great job by the way!
    t

you gotta make sure you keep your back flat and use your abdominal muscles to support your back! :)
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    I do the 30 day shred on day 10 of level 1, at first i used 5lbs weights but it was to much, so i switched to 3lbs so far so good but believe me you feel it in the arms :laugh:
  • I'm sort of confused, I have the 30 day shred (in fact I did it yesterday too, haha) and weights are used normally. Is "Shred with Weights" different? Like do you do the cardio part with weights?

L1 & L2 the weights are used normally, like in the strength section, but in L3, some of the cardio section you use weights, like with jumping jacks and boxing lol
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    They are actually two different videos - "30 Day Shred" does use weights, but there is also a "Shred it with Weights" DVD that is designed specifically to use with a Kettlebell (though the modifier shows the workout with a dumbell) -
  • They are actually two different videos - "30 Day Shred" does use weights, but there is also a "Shred it with Weights" DVD that is designed specifically to use with a Kettlebell (though the modifier shows the workout with a dumbell) -

Ah right, I've never heard of the other one :smile:
  • mroberts2702
    I just happen to find Shred with weights when we were looking for the 30 day shred! It works so good!
This discussion has been closed.