Holy Hell - Charley's Visit

Options
timisw
timisw Posts: 391 Member
So... I am traveling for two weeks. I stop by the Exchange down in Fort Gordon for lunch. I skipped breakfast (other than coffee) and decided that Charley's was less busy!

I had:
12" - Charley's Bacon 3cheese Steak
Regulary Fries
Root Beer

Its easy to figure out why America grows fat! HOLY HELL! That is like over 2200 calories of food! My goodness...

Now I am in my hotel room STARVING knowing I am going to HAVE to break the good old calorie count! ~sigh~

I am thinking Sushi for dinner... but the rice! Might just run down to the Fresh Market and grab some vegetables to fill me up! But if I go in there I will see the desserts! Oh this is terrible. This is NOT a good thing!

Replies

• timisw
    Options
    So... I am traveling for two weeks. I stop by the Exchange down in Fort Gordon for lunch. I skipped breakfast (other than coffee) and decided that Charley's was less busy!

I had:
    12" - Charley's Bacon 3cheese Steak
    Regulary Fries
    Root Beer

Its easy to figure out why America grows fat! HOLY HELL! That is like over 2200 calories of food! My goodness...

Now I am in my hotel room STARVING knowing I am going to HAVE to break the good old calorie count! ~sigh~

I am thinking Sushi for dinner... but the rice! Might just run down to the Fresh Market and grab some vegetables to fill me up! But if I go in there I will see the desserts! Oh this is terrible. This is NOT a good thing!
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I ate quite a bit of charlies in Hawaii. Thankfully there isnt one here in san antonio at the BX..lol Think real big salad (never been to ft gordon)
    69506.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • timisw
    Options
    Salad might be the only cure for me! ~smiling~

I shall turn into a rabbit tonight!

Fort Gordon is in Augusta where the Master's are held. Was here for a class in 2004 for 9 months. I really kinda like it!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    No worries...be happy!

It is what you do over time that matters...a splurge now and then isn't gonna kill you.

Like you said, it does take alot of work to eat healthy when you're traveling and eating out...you'll figure it out.
  • timisw
    Options
    ~laughing~

Yep... You are right... a splurge every now and then isnt bad! Only they have Sconyer's down here too! And I already ate there once! Plus, Carrabas was on Sunday. And I am here for TWO weeks!

I am just in sticker shock! I had NO CLUE that that sandwich (which was good but not THAT good) had THAT many calories!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    *drool drool*

i
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Is Charley's like a subway or something? Ur making me hungry. I'll think of the food you had when I drink my dinner :drinker: :laugh:
  • pauladavies86
    pauladavies86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    wow! I always wanted to get something at Charley's sometime but haven't yet... I'm glad I haven't! That is WAY too much when I could get something from subway instead...

to gravygurl... yes, Charley's is kinda like subway but most of the sandwich meats are grilled and stuff... think philly cheese steak... it always smells SO good! They're a special military brand fast food chain... as well as Anthony's Pizza and Franks Franks... (that one never appealed to me... I'm not a big fan of hot dogs... blah)
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    We have nothing good on or near base here, the AF has Robinhood (like a subway) but the veggies are questionable, then we have the "snack shack" deep fried everything there and burgerking. So I get sushi at the commisary ffor lunch or just bring something.

69506.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I hope you enjoyed EVERY stinkin' last bite!:bigsmile:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that is killer! (but was it delish?)

But you've got the right attitude, some salad and lean protein for the next meal!!! :tongue:
  • timisw
    Options
    Now let me tell you about Sconyers. I saw it once on a US Airways flight in the magazine that talks about the best of this and that... Sconyers was rated the number one BBQ in the US!

My goodness! It is so good! When I was here for 9 months, my friends and I would eat there about 2 times a month! We became regulars! You can get a plate called the Plantation that is literally about 6 lbs of food containing Pulled Pork, Pulled Beef, Pulled Chicken, Smoked Turkey Breasts, Ribs, and Hash and Rice. They literally cook the food for 6 (chicken) to 18 hours (beef) depending on what it is! All of that for $18. They do have smaller plates, but the sauces are so good, I think its a good thing to have left overs!

If you are EVER in the area, definitely stop by there!

http://www.sconyersbar-b-que.com/

I heard that Jimmy Carter used to fly food in from there to serve to guest at the white house! ~smiling~
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Now let me tell you about Sconyers. I saw it once on a US Airways flight in the magazine that talks about the best of this and that... Sconyers was rated the number one BBQ in the US!

My goodness! It is so good! When I was here for 9 months, my friends and I would eat there about 2 times a month! We became regulars! You can get a plate called the Plantation that is literally about 6 lbs of food containing Pulled Pork, Pulled Beef, Pulled Chicken, Smoked Turkey Breasts, Ribs, and Hash and Rice. They literally cook the food for 6 (chicken) to 18 hours (beef) depending on what it is! All of that for $18. They do have smaller plates, but the sauces are so good, I think its a good thing to have left overs!

If you are EVER in the area, definitely stop by there!

http://www.sconyersbar-b-que.com/

I heard that Jimmy Carter used to fly food in from there to serve to guest at the white house! ~smiling~

OMG ur such a tease ~drools~
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    ~laughing~

Yep... You are right... a splurge every now and then isnt bad! Only they have Sconyer's down here too! And I already ate there once! Plus, Carrabas was on Sunday. And I am here for TWO weeks!

I am just in sticker shock! I had NO CLUE that that sandwich (which was good but not THAT good) had THAT many calories!

LOL The "OH" in O'Charlies was derived from the "OH!" sticker shock when counting calories. So what are you having for the rest of your trip? Subway? Is there a Publix for sushi? LOL Ya'll know how I love Publix. How funny...Or you can just run everywhere, right?
  • timisw
    Options
    LOL The "OH" in O'Charlies was derived from the "OH!" sticker shock when counting calories. So what are you having for the rest of your trip? Subway? Is there a Publix for sushi? LOL Ya'll know how I love Publix. How funny...Or you can just run everywhere, right?

I think I am going to live on Quaker Rice Cakes for the next week and a half! ~wink~

NOT!

They haev a Sushi Restaurant called Miyabi - http://www.augusta.com/masters2004/dining/miyabi.shtml
    that has thee hottest wasabi I have ever had! I LOVE IT!

I am going to go there again soon!

Publix huh? Better than the Fresh Market?