Bob Harper DVD's

jadior
jadior Posts: 191 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone tried these? I got the Inside-Out Cardio dvd and tried it yesterday. The main workout is 1 hour. I lasted about 12 minutes and had to stop. There is a 20 min butt-leg turbo workout so I did that instead. It truly kicked my butt. I am so sore today! My arms and legs are aching.
My husband says to go back and do it again today but I dont think I can!
Any suggestions?
I wish he had a beginner's DVD

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    I have done a ton of workouts, DVD's and am currently in kickboxing. I run as well and consider myself pretty fit.
    With that being said, I tried his Inside-Out Strength DVD (Pure Burn/ Super Strength) for the first time yesterday. (coincidentally)
    I thought I was going to die! One of the hardest workouts I have EVER done. I'm not sure if Bob actually does beginner stuff!! LOL

Have you tried any of Jillian's DVD's? When I first started out I used her " Day Shred".
  • denisecc
    denisecc Posts: 72 Member
    I love all The Biggest Loser dvds's. Go at your own pace you will see as time goes on it does get easier. Bob does have Cardio Max and Boot Camp dvd's, they have 3 levels, so you progress as you feel fit too. They have them at Walmart for 9 bucks, try them, I think they are a great workout..YOU CAN DO IT.......
    Don't give up..
  • MTLumps
    MTLumps Posts: 82 Member
    I have many of the Biggest Loser DVD's and Bob really does kick my butt. When I started I could barely get through a warm-up and the 20 minute workout. Your hubby does have a point about the soreness - doing something (anything) today will definitely help. I have one that I do for 4 - 6 weeks and then switch to something different. The first couple of days when I go back to that one, I am sooo sore. Bob has a thing for lunges and squats, so I really feel my legs and butt for a couple days but if I keep at it then I still feel like I worked out but the soreness is not there. Hang in there - it really will get better. If you can force yourself to do 15 or 20 minutes I think tomorrow will be better. :smile: Good luck!!
  • Bob is NO JOKE! The first time I did that one, I was sore for three days. I'm gradually getting better. He's definitely a tough cookie!
  • Kaetheb
    Kaetheb Posts: 16 Member
    Try his new "Biggest Loser Powerwalk" DVD. It's the easiest one of his that I've seen. It has a few plyometric (jumping) moves, but this DVD has more modifications than any of the others. For me, it got me at least to the point where I can do Level 1 of his "Cardio Max" DVD. (The new one, "Cardio Max Weight Loss" is definitely harder.) The Powerwalk DVD uses some light hand weights and a medicine ball for a couple of sections, but some of the exercisers use no equipment at all. Try using the preprogrammed, 3-week 'walk-a-marathon' plan that's built into the DVD. (I did, and I do believe that if it wasn't for Bob's Powerwalk DVD, I doubt I'd have been able to shovel out my driveway after "Snowmageddon" last Wednesday. Or even tried, for that matter.)
  • I actually ordered a few of the dvd's. I have not exercised in years to be honest, so I have started on the Biggest Loser Powerwalks. They are actually really good. I noticed that I want to try for all 4 miles. I needed to start out light and these are definitly worth it! Plus, they do start using weights so you are getting some cardio also. I hate the cold, am in NJ, and don't have a lot of space to work out, so this DVD has definitly started me off in the right direction!
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    thanks! i have done the 30day shred and find it easier than this one. I'm glad its not just me!
This discussion has been closed.