Can anyone recommend a HRM that does not cost...

Still_Sossy
Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi. I want to get a HRM but they all seem to be over $100.00. Is there any that are accurate under this price range, if so what kind and where do I get it?
If not what is a good one to buy (if I have to suck it up and shell out the xtra cash)?

Many thanks!!!! :tongue:

Replies

• barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    I don't have one but you get what you pay for. Seems like the best ones are higher in price. Most people go with the Polar brand
  • I have a Polar FT4 I got for $89... no complaint with it so far. :-)
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Sportline Duo 1010
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    With HRM's. you get what you pay for. That being said, I've had two. The first one was the $30 one from Wal Mart, and it didn't measure anything. Waste of time and money. The second one, I love! I bought a Polar F4, which usually retails for $89, but I got mine for $60. I went to ebay and did a search for polar Heart Rate Monitor on Buy it now, and found it. It was actually a display model that was in a store, and had never been used! I absolutely love it... you can get good ones for less than $100, but you just gotta scour the internet for deals. I suggest looking at ebay or amazon.com/
  • slg92088
    slg92088 Posts: 12 Member
    I bought a Polar FT7 for $80 off amazon.
  • I have the Sportline from Wal-Mart ($30) and I haven't had any problems with it at all. It was simple to program and easy to check my HR and calories burned :)
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Check out ebay. I go my polar on there and I didn't pay 100$
    You should do some research and learn about several different types/pros/cons (amazon is great for that- the reviews help a lot) and then look on ebay. (and then if you see something on ebay- flip back to amazon and search it. This is what I did. It took me about a week and a half to find what I wanted and buy it. They are definitely out there...Good Luck in your search!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,459 Member
    I have a Sportline S7 from Walmart, bought for under $30 and it has worked pretty well for me. Check Academy, I was at our local store recently and saw a pretty good selection including some on clearance for a good price.
  • Can't think of the name of mine but I got it from Walmart for about $30-40.
  • I have a Timex T5H911 Unisex Digital Fitness Heart Rate Monitor and I love it- they usually run about $55- and it even gives me a review of my workout which lets me know how many calories I have burned!
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    :glasses: Thanks! I will start scouring the internet!
This discussion has been closed.