New to the EXERCISE world...need some advice

emiann1985
emiann1985 Posts: 15
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I am new to the exercise world and need some help from you all. I have the diet and healthy eating down pat, but I'm lacking on the work-outs. I have no clue what type of exercises to do and for how long. If anyone can recommend a good web site, DVD, or personal tips you have, I would greatly appreciate the information.

I am also looking for friends on here to keep me motivated and do the same to you, so add me as a friend, and I will do what I can....Thanks for reading my post!!! Good luck to you!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    I would recommend any DVD by Beachbody.com I love the Turbojam series! Most importantly, just do whatever you enjoy doing, but do it good!
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    I'm a big fan of Zumba...I bought the box set of DVD's from the Zumba site itself after I saw it on an infomercial. They also offer actual classes at most gyms and fitness studios so you can probably check that out in your area. I found it was more convenient for me to do the DVD's at home. (it also is A LOT cheaper) But it's a ton of fun and it's said that an hour of it burns an average of 1000 calories. I put the link to the site on here for more info! Also, Jillian Michaels workout dvds are pretty hardcore but are great! Hope this was a little helpful! Good luck! :smile:

...Tarah

http://store.zumba.com/shop/
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    I don't know your current fitness shape. Start with walking. Then maybe when you feel ready integrate a little running intervals, like 30 sec to 1 min. Circuit training does wonders but you have to work up to it to really get into more cycles. Use inverse muscle groups such as legs first then upper body and back to legs, giving muscles a rest. Or push pull muscles if you wish. May thing is to take it slow to not injure yourself and keep to it.
This discussion has been closed.