HOW DOES THE FOOD AND EXERCISE DIARY REALLY HELP US????

WHAT ARE THERE DIARY'S DOING FOR ME?

Replies

• WHAT ARE THERE DIARY'S DOING FOR ME?
  • Well, for me the food diary helps me to plan my day and what I'm going to eat. If I put all the meals in at breakfast, then I have a better chance of sticking to my calorie goal for the rest of the day. I guess it just goes back to the old quote, "If we fail to plan, we plan to fail." I just keep saying that to myself everyday to focus myself on the meal planning.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Nellie:
    It's pretty simple really - be aware of what you are consuming, how much you are consuming and tailor your consumption to meet your goals.

Check this out: http://sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=394
  • Putting it all in at breakfast is a great idea!! I'm going to have to try that. I have a hard time sticking to my diet. This will help me out a lot. Thanks!
  • oh great thanks
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    I know for me, it is a reality check. I thought I was eating healthy portions, foods, etc. Then I entered it the first week and was shocked to see close to 2700 calories! No wonder I wasn't loosing weight, even though active. In my case, actually seeing the numbers helps me to stop and think, "do I really want to do an extra hour of exercise just so I can eat this?" before I put it in my mouth. Guess the visual reports help too!
  • I also thought I had a pretty healthy diet until I started on the food diary. It is eye opening if nothing else.