Early morning workouts

Options
I'm struggling with my 4:30 am workouts, so I want to know...What motivates you early in the morning to get up and work out before work? How do you get yourself ready that early?

Replies

• BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5 am, I do not give myself any other option, just like I wouldn't skip work. And I KNOW that I will not workout when I get home from work. After a while, you won't even think about it! Best of luck:flowerforyou:
  • iheartmemories
    Options
    Oh my goodness, that is so early! How do you do it? If I had to get up that early, what would motivate me, would be coffee afterwards LOL.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite that early. I work til ten every night and have a great dane puppy. So, she's up before six. She motivates me to wake up, start the coffee, feed her and get out the door!
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    shoes/socks/workout clothes at the foot of the bed or in the bedroom doorway. That way it's the first thing you see.
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    as I started to go to bed early enough to get proper sleep I had no problem waking up. it felt great actually.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Wow 4:30?? That's amazing. I try for 5:30 myself which is a new thing for me. I'm loving how I feel during the day when I work out first thing. This is my motivation. And it's great to see how many calories I've already burned...takes the burden off from feeling I have to give my evening to exercising!

You go!
  • fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I get up each day at 5am for a 5:30 am bootcamp. I'm motivated to get up because I know how good I feel after an hour of exercise, and that it's out of the way for the day. I also enjoy the women in the camp, and look forward to seeing them each day.

When I would go to the gym that early, my motivation was my book. I'd read while on the elliptical w/ my music on the iPod. And then when an hour had passed, I felt great, awake, and energized.
  • athenafl
    athenafl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I won't have time if I don't exercise before work. Something always happens that keeps me late at the office and then when I get home there's no time for working out and dinner and family. When something has to give after work, it's always the workout. But if I get up at 4 and hit the road by 5, there's nothing to stop me and I've got the workout crossed off my to-do list. No guilt and no beating myself up for skipping it.

I also sign up for races. The prospect of wasting my registration fee or doing poorly in the race is a big incentive for me.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    one good thought if you work out in the morning your body can keep that high calorie burn all day if its a hard work out
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It's hard, I get up at 5. Like they say in the ad, Just do it. I sometimes hit the snooze then I get made at myself and get up before it goes off. Recording it on here and having friends comment on it helps. I know there are people who will know if I don't exercise.
  • JudyQ
    JudyQ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I hit the floor at 4:00 a.m. I keep my workout clothes right beside the bed so that is what I reach for when I get up. As long as I am dressed for it, I may as well do it! The other thing that keeps me motivated at that time of the morning is how I feel when I am finished and my post work out snack! Yummy...and it just feels great to sit and have cold cereal while cooling down myself. All alone in my litle world for awhile...

JudyQ
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do 4:00am. I wouldn't get enough sleep. If you find yourself up doing the 4am workouts and still not loosing weight, you might not be giving yourself enough rest. But if you're getting your z's and doing the early workouts you're my new hero!!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I roll straight out of bed and start my work out before I'm even too much awake. It gets me going. I do go to bed fairly early 9-10. If I don't sleep well, I reserve my work out for the evening, but I feel so much better through the day if I work out from the start.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Me too. I get up at 4:30 and kind of take a little while to get goin, but by 5 I'm on the nordic track working my butt off (that's what motivates me) working my butt off. :smile:
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    My husband works for Ford 10 hour shifts. He get's up at 3:15 in the morning because he said he is just too tired after work and won't do it. So just know that you are done for the day. That's get's me up an hour before my kids every morning.