Is that willpower peaking out from under there?

iftcheiaf
iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
Okay I have to write at this late hour because I feel like I overcame a small milestone today. Did I mention I was starting the South Beach diet today…AGAIN. Well, after our bible study meeting that we have on Mondays, we usually go to Friendly’s and get ice cream and a small dinner with the kids. Tonight we even went with friends, which makes me uncomfortable in saying “no” to food because I get the “why do you want to lose weight” looks (in Spanish at that). My kids got French fries, ice cream, mac and cheese, hamburgers. I watched my husband do what I usually do which is pick off of everyone’s plate and clean up. But I got a salad and realized halfway through that I was full, took large gulps of water, and didn’t eat one French fry, no mac and cheese, not even a nibble of hamburger. I will confess I had one bite of ice cream with a couple of sprinkles and one Reese pieces piece, but that was it. Phew, I made it. One day down…a lifetime to go.

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Okay I have to write at this late hour because I feel like I overcame a small milestone today. Did I mention I was starting the South Beach diet today…AGAIN. Well, after our bible study meeting that we have on Mondays, we usually go to Friendly’s and get ice cream and a small dinner with the kids. Tonight we even went with friends, which makes me uncomfortable in saying “no” to food because I get the “why do you want to lose weight” looks (in Spanish at that). My kids got French fries, ice cream, mac and cheese, hamburgers. I watched my husband do what I usually do which is pick off of everyone’s plate and clean up. But I got a salad and realized halfway through that I was full, took large gulps of water, and didn’t eat one French fry, no mac and cheese, not even a nibble of hamburger. I will confess I had one bite of ice cream with a couple of sprinkles and one Reese pieces piece, but that was it. Phew, I made it. One day down…a lifetime to go.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    lol wow...thats willpower if I've ever heard of it....Good job!
  • lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Each day gets easier fending off all of the 'good' food that's so delicious! Great Job and wonderful self control! Keep it up~~
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!