NEED ADVICE!!

Options
*Please feel free to take a look at my food diary.* So I planned what I have already eaten/will eat for all of today. My results? I have 815 calories remaning, 130 carbs remaining, 48 fat remaining, and am at minus 8 protein (over by 8.) I still plan on burning about 600 calories today with exercise, which will increase my remaining amounts of everything. So long story short, I have plenty of calories, carbs, and fat that I can still consume today. BUT no protein remaining. Suggestions, please, on what foods I could have? I'm all paranoid on how to do this now, because I was at/just under all my limits last week, exercised every day except last Monday, yet gained about 3 lbs this week! WHAT??!? Any advice on what's going on, AND on what foods I could still have today, is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    MFP protein limit is low 15% of total calories, you can still eat a healthy balance diet with protein up to 30%, which is double the MFP numbers.
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I personally do not worry about going over on protein...I worry more about the calories and carbs. That being said depending on how you normally do it...If you are well under your calorie goal for the day and also are going to burn more then you could be getting your body into "starvation" mode. Where your metabolism will slow because your body is conserving because it thinks it is not going to get enough. I try to get right around my recommended calories and then do not eat my exercise calories earned.
  • ScottyLikesCake
    ScottyLikesCake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I find I loose more weight when I eat a higher proportion of protein than MFP recommends so have adjusted my personal goals (in tools, i think) so that my protein is 30% of total calories.

I also find I have days where I just cannot hit the calorie allowance even though I have eaten loads - particularly if I have a meat free day and end up eating loads of fruit to try and bump up my calories. Fruit or vegetable juice (if you are OK with the sugar) is a good way to increase your calories whilst getting an extra dose of essential vitamins.

Personally I try not to worry about it as long as it balances over a few days.
  • DPruneda17
    DPruneda17 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I agree... don't worry about going over in protein. Just get your calories in.