Doing P90X

dakotasky
dakotasky Posts: 21
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I want to start doing P90X but how do I measure the calorie burn? My goal is to burn at least 2,000 a day.

Replies

• jillMoose
    jillMoose Posts: 45 Member
    the most accurate way (and the only way in my mind) to gauge your calorie burn is by using a heat rate monitor that shows calories burned -- i have a Polar hrm and love it
  • Ive been doing P90X for 7 months now. on cardio days you burn around 600 calories. On the resistance days you burns about 450 thats including the ab ripper. I added running 3 miles every day to the end of mine so each day I now burn about 1000 calories
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Heart rate monitor is the way to go. Everyone burns calories differently. I have a Polar too.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Your goal is to burn 2K calories per day? Is that total, or just exercise calories. I do P90X and on days I run I get 1000 in a day for exercise calories, which I thought was a ton, I typically don't each much more than 1500 per day so when I burned 1000 I was in serious low intake.

You can get a inexpensive HRM for about $30, I would make sure you get one with a chest strap, but that's just my preference, I think they are more accurate.

I agree with devildog - I'm about 500-600 on Cardio and 300-400 on strength days. I'm lower on yoga about 200.
  • Ok I will look into the polar monitor. When I am at the gym I burn at least 1058 to 1112 calories but that is in two hours just doing my cardio. Also for mlb929 my calorie burn is just the exercise.
This discussion has been closed.