anyone else out there not losing?

Options
Hey there! i havent been losing for the last 2 weeks and am gutted because i am eating under my calorie count or to it (and im definately not starving myself as i was about 2 months ago and i dont feel like i am over exercising either so what is happening!!!! I dont even know if its a plateau but if it is how do i push past it? hate not losing getting a bit depressing

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be under your goal you should be as close to your goal as possible, a little over or a little under is okay. If you are not eating your exercise calories you may want to start at least eating some of them. you may not be eating enough.
  • KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    You have to keep in mind that you may also be building muscle. Are your clothes fitting better? Just because the scale doesnt show anything different doesnt mean that nothing is changing. Also, dont try to eat less just to lose weight any faster. Maybe try working out with cardio a little more and up your calories a bit. Compared to your diet habits before your body still may think that its in starvation mode, which would be why you arent losing any weight. Also change things up with your workouts, it may be that you have hit a plateau with your exercise and you need something else to help stimulate your muscles. :)

Good Luck!
  • ScottyLikesCake
    ScottyLikesCake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I wasn't loosing after Christmas. I just couldn't get the weight to shift. I decided to shake things up a bit, I went right back to basics with my diet - replaced white bread and pasta with wholemeal, reduced my carbs generally and upped my protein. I also cut out alcohol and decreased my coffee consumption and I found it made a huge difference (I managed to lose 3 lb in a week which seems to have kick started my weight lose again).

I don't usually lose more than a pound in an average week but as long as it's going down I'm happy. I also go by how my clothes feel as much as what the scales say - you may be changing shape and becoming leaner without the scales shifting.

Are you dirnking enough water? Do you find a lot of your calories come from one nutrition source - a heavy carb diet may be slowing your weight lose? You may have just hit a plateau and need to make a few small changes to wake your metabolism up again.

Good luck.
  • 33nessy
    33nessy Posts: 104
    Options
    thanks for all the good advice...good to have some people to vent to that are going through similar stuff. I do limit my carbs and eat more protein so maybe i am building muscle and my clothes are about the same as about 3 weeks ago so no loss in centimetres....starting a new exercise plan this week....bike 10k, run/walk 5k alternate days accept for Sun so hope that kicks start things again.