Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pot Luck ... food tracking

Hey! I'm going to a pot luck dinner tonight. I'm a little nervous about all the food and how I might enter everything in my food diary later. Would really like some helpful suggestions? Would also like to hear from those who've handled a pot luck dinner with success (or a guilt free diary entry) ...how did you do it?! :tongue:

Replies

• skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    I would sugest eating only what you know. If you have green bean caserole then just be careful with how much, and do this with everything you eat. Keep a note pad and pen with you so you can write everything down that you eat. IF this embarases you then go to the bathroom and write it down. That way you wont forget everything. Plus having one cheet day won't throw you off too bad. It could even boost your matabolism a little. Don't freek out about it and just eat in moderation. You might want to look up what sertain foods coloric intake is before you go. Just some of the things you think might be at the party and then this will give you a little heads up as to what kind of trouble you could be getting into. You will do fine. And enjoy!!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    I just track the closest thing to the food I'm eating. There's nothing wrong with eating whatever's there as long as you don't regret eating it. Tracking it will just show you exactly how many calories you're approximately consuming. You can then use that as a reference point to see how well [or bad] you did.

Or, if there are healthy options, load up your plate with those items and get a little bit of the indulgence stuff. If you're bringing something, make something healthy and chances are most people will probably get a little bit of it, if any, and you can have it mostly to yourself. Lol.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have an iPhone app so, it's a bit easier for me. You could always text yourself what's on your plate prior to eating, then read it when you have the chance to input it online later.
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    When this comes up for me (i.e. Super Bowl party) - I take the day off from the log. Not to say I eat as much as I can shove down my throat - tempting as it may be. Just use your common sense & moderation - and enjoy!! Sometimes it isn't worth the stress of trying to figure it all out. That little voice in the back of your mind will tell you what you should avoid ; )