making myself accontible

Options
hello, i'm Mary
I have been slipping away again so to keep myself accontible I will post everyday about what I did and eat.

Today I did the loundry, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned my bedroom decluttered the front room,
walked to the bank to pay some bills after that I went to the park, in total I walked 30 min.

Breakfast I had 2 oatmeal cokies and 1/2 class milk
snack 1 cup maple walnut ice cream
lunch 1 griled cheese sandwitch 1/2 cup mac an cheese
snack 1 cup ice cream,
snack 1 apple
oh I also had like a cup of chips
dinner I had 1 boul home made soup

I know I need to cut way back on the ice cream but im addicted to it!:love::heart: :love:

see you back here tomorrow!:happy:

Mary:laugh:

Replies

• Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    hello, i'm Mary
    I have been slipping away again so to keep myself accontible I will post everyday about what I did and eat.

Today I did the loundry, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned my bedroom decluttered the front room,
    walked to the bank to pay some bills after that I went to the park, in total I walked 30 min.

snack 1 cup ice cream,
    snack 1 apple

I know I need to cut way back on the ice cream but im addicted to it!:love::heart: :love:

• lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Options
    Mary.. You're doing great. It's easier to account for where the calories are going once you start writing it down! I love ice cream too :).. Just keep it in moderation. Who cares if you have some..just don't down the whole carton in one sitting :).. if you do, tomorrow's always a new day :)

68789.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bayaderka
    bayaderka Posts: 53
    Options
    It's good that you are seeing how much you are eating and you are taking responsibility for it.

...but look at the types of food you are eating. Very little nutrition, save for apple and maybe soup.

Cookies for breakfast? Mac and Cheese PLUS a grilled cheese sandwich? Snacks of chips AND 2 cups ice cream? (that = 4 servings ice cream, since 1 serving is 1/2 cup)

Keep the ice cream, but then you'll have to try to switch up the meals so they are healthy instead of starch upon starches of sweets and salty cheesy stuff- if you want to keep in the ice cream that is.
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    hello, i'm Mary

snack 1 cup ice cream,
    snack 1 apple

i would be worried about ur nutrician i was u and the type of foods u are eating
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone
    - your choices are not nutritionally sound. It is one thing to have a scoop of ice cream - it's another to use it as a fill in snack. It is an indulgence. As my personal trainer told me - a "treat" is a treat. Not a reward for working out or working out to have one. There is room in every diet for "treats" but they should be rare and on low calorie intake days. For example, one slice of cake or your ice cream would take at least a 1/2 of aerobics to burn - is it worth it when you look at it like that?
    Second - you need to eat vegetables I don't see any and no, unfortunately, chips don't count. So, hopefully tomorrow is better and more healthful! :happy:

I look forward to see your posting! I am assuming you wanted someone to say yes or no this is good? Okay so - this is not a good meal day, regardless of calories consumed or not. :cry:

I hope I don't sound too negative and I truly believe you can do this, and you want to, so keep trying!!
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Mary,

Think about this:

If you lose 2lbs a week in 1 year you will lose 104lbs and/or 52lbs in 6 months. Looking at it this way doesn't make the mountain look so BIG :wink: I just looked at your profile and see you have this there. Make it your first thought when you wake up in the morning :drinker:

24167.png
  • Mary24
    Options
    Hello And thank you so much for your coments, I agree with each and every one of you:flowerforyou:

sbacon1203 I try so hard to think of 2 lbs a week =104 lbs a year but sometimes my mind just wanders away from my goals a dreams, So i have thought of a way to remind myself of that everyday by printing a page out, sticking it to my fridge.

TNTpete Thank you:flowerforyou: Thank you for posting honesty is all i ask, The only veggies I had that day was in my soup, its home made soup with carrots, cabige, cellery and beef broth.
    still it was not a good day of eating!!!

iojoi, I am worried thats why I disided to change, baby steps.

Bayaderka, How I relize now I had 4 servings ice cream yesterday, so today im not going to have any!

lilprnss, Thanks for the coment.

Mary:drinker:
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options

its difficult on here sometimes to say what u mean or understand what somebody else is trying to get accross via the net so i hope i didnt sound harsh ... i was just tryin to be helpful
    baby steps are the best way to go so good luck with it all :flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hello And thank you so much for your coments, I agree with each and every one of you:flowerforyou:

sbacon1203 I try so hard to think of 2 lbs a week =104 lbs a year but sometimes my mind just wanders away from my goals a dreams, So i have thought of a way to remind myself of that everyday by printing a page out, sticking it to my fridge.

TNTpete Thank you:flowerforyou: Thank you for posting honesty is all i ask, The only veggies I had that day was in my soup, its home made soup with carrots, cabige, cellery and beef broth.
    still it was not a good day of eating!!!

Bayaderka, How I relize now I had 4 servings ice cream yesterday, so today im not going to have any!

lilprnss, Thanks for the coment.

See how this site has helped you already.

Keep posting and you will get great feed back.

I was a terrible eater also, that's why I am heavy. but with the help of MFP I will not be heavy for to long.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

• plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I don't know how my quote got inside yours. lol
  • Mary24
    Options

its difficult on here sometimes to say what u mean or understand what somebody else is trying to get accross via the net so i hope i didnt sound harsh ... i was just tryin to be helpful
    baby steps are the best way to go so good luck with it all :flowerforyou:

Dont worry about it! its just what I needed to hear, I know what you mean about getting the point across, You were vary helpfull. Thank you!

Mary:heart: