Do you trust the exercise calories burned?

Options
2»

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    It's all over the map because the calories are general estimates. Not really much good for exact measurements. If you want to know for sure, go out and get a heart rate monitor, you won't regret it.

Do heart rate monitors tell you how many cals? Or is there some sort of equation you have to use to figure it out.. How does it work?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    If you get one that tells you the calories burned, then yes they do. Some only give you a heart rate, so make sure you buy one that tells calories burned!

I got mine, a Highgear Duo, for $40 from Amazon.com and love it! No problems at all.
  • andrealmt
    andrealmt Posts: 8
    Options
    where do you get the heart monitors? are they expensive? i to usually go by what my treadmill says. i used a perdometer while i used the treadmill and got totally different results the treadmill said that i burned 256 calories but the perdometer said 120 and the treadmill said that i walked 1.5 miles and the perdometer said 2.2 miles. when i use the treadmill i change up the incline throughout the session and i adjust the speed also making my workout harder. it would be nice to know exactly how many calories im burning
    andrea