Help with "Stinkin' Thinkin"

jnchorn
jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
Hi there. I am on my own personal weight loss journey, but I think its time I look to others for some support. I had weight loss surgery September 20th, 2010. Prior to surgery I had lost 50 pounds. As of this morning, I have lost 77 pounds for a total of 127. Sounds good right? Well that's my problem. I am not happy with my numbers. I am not satisfied with only 2 or so pounds a week. I count my calories every day and walk 3-5 times a week. My nutritionist advised me to stick to 1000 calories a day. I am not sure how to feel satisfied with my results and not be so hard on myself. Any advice would be very appreciated. :)

Charity
:happy:

Replies

• You've lost an insane amount of weight and it's still coming off really fast. Keep in mind that the slower it comes off the better chance that your skin will adapt faster. Enjoy this time. You're like the caterpillar in the cocoon going through your transformation. This is a time of incredible change and growth.
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Thanks Julie. :) I just gotta keep telling myself that.
  • This part is what will keep you strong when you get to your goal. Because you'll remember how much work it was and won't want to have to do it again :)
  • 4Matt
    4Matt Posts: 26
    Charity- you have been doing so well. I'm so proud of you for taking control of your life. I know your family is too! Also remember doctors recommend you typically lose around 2 pounds a week to be healthy. I'm not sure if it's different for you with the surgery. I'm looking forward to seeing a brand new Charity at my wedding! Just keep working hard & you'll keep seeing progress.
    Maybe take your before picture & a current picture of yourself side by side in a place you'll see often to see how far you've come- let it also encourage you to keep working hard to get to where you want. Don't give up!
This discussion has been closed.