Attack of the Burger King and 3 Musketeers

Options
Sob.. I soooo went over my calories last night! I was doing really well yesterday but then we had to bring my 10 yr old to the emergency room. ( he was recently diagnosed with Chrohn's disease ..long story short..he passed out and had a really high fever.. which I guess is part of the disease which they call a flare up) Sooooo you know how it goes.. at 11:30 pm..seven hours later when we get out of the hospital we were starving... ugh... This whole eating healthy deal is starting to get really hard for me now... I could have gone without the candy bar at least.. I think that was the emotional eating junkie coming through on that one.. ahhhhhhhh!! :sad:

Replies

• LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Sob.. I soooo went over my calories last night! I was doing really well yesterday but then we had to bring my 10 yr old to the emergency room. ( he was recently diagnosed with Chrohn's disease ..long story short..he passed out and had a really high fever.. which I guess is part of the disease which they call a flare up) Sooooo you know how it goes.. at 11:30 pm..seven hours later when we get out of the hospital we were starving... ugh... This whole eating healthy deal is starting to get really hard for me now... I could have gone without the candy bar at least.. I think that was the emotional eating junkie coming through on that one.. ahhhhhhhh!! :sad:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    That is completely understandable. Sometimes there is no healthy choice and stress takes over. Especially when your kids are sick. Just write it off as a horrible night and start fresh today. Big hugs to the little one!!! I hope he feels better soon!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your son :( That must be so scary...I think I would chow down too. At least you know that part of it was emotional eating, that in itself means that you'll be better at controlling it next time the urge for candy strikes! lol I didn't do so well last night either...I made a huge steak pinwheel with cheese, onions and mushrooms and I had more than the 3 ounces I intended to have...then I had 4 mini corn muffins and a BLOB of mashed potatoes..all the while was snacking on corn chips while I cooked dinner...ugh..must be something in the air!
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your son. Don't beat yourself up over the food. We all have days like that, just eat clean today and focus on that! It's no big deal and it's in the books, so turn the page and start new! (((HUGS)))
    Heidi
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    And in a stressful situation like the one you were in, it was probably better that you had something to keep your blood sugar up instead of having it drop too low, which can happen during stress.

You and your baby should get some rest today and hopefully it will re-energize you. I hope he is feeling better very soon. Snuggle him lots. :heart:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It just seems like it is so hard to stay on track on a normal day..nevermind all this on top of it! We are still learning about this Crohn's disease deal... My son has been sick on and off since September.. belly aches, fevers, not gaining weight ( 10 and a half years old and only 50 lbs) .His blood work keeps coming back abnormal..so last week had to get an Endoscopy and a colonoscopy where they showed us the pictures of what they found..ulcers all over and 99.9 percent sure of Chrohn's disease though we are still waiting back for the biopsy results. They started treating him for Chrohn's on Friday but he has been sick ever since. High fevers, belly aches..and yesterday he almost passed out..we thought it was from the medication but when we called the gi they told us to bring him right to the ER. We were there forever!!! So now he is on 2 prednisones twice a day, 2 zantac twice a day. and 3 pentasa (?) twice a day.. He is still sleeping now which never happens ( he is usually awake by six..but we didn't get home till almost midnight) So it just is so hard to stick to any kind of diet right now and I desperately need to stick to it...ahhh!!! Always something though right