College student.

Options
I am a college student and have limited access to kitchen stuff. I have a microwave, a george foreman, an xpress redi set go cooker, and i have access to an oven. What are some good, healthy, simple recipes that I could make while in college.

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of an xpress redi set go cooker, but a few simple recipes of mine are as follows

Open Faced tuna sandwich

Take one can of tuna, a table spoon of mayo or miracle whip (i prefer the latter, less calories) and pickles if you like them

mix it together.

Take one WASA cracker (find them in the cracker isle of the store) put some leaves of lettuce on it, and then the tuna mixture on top of the lettuce! ENJOY!
    you can also add cheese if you would like, but it adds caloreis. you can also do this with chicken if you don't like tuna.

WASA's are really good for you and waaay low calorie.

Eggs you can cook in the microwave.

I have made a sort of Scrambled omlet in the microwave

Take two eggs, a tablespoon of sour cream your fav, cheese and veggies. Mix it together
    Pour it in a microwave save bowl.
    cook until it looks fluffy and done. ENJOY

george forman are great for fajitas! and they are really low calorie, you can grill the veggies right on the grill along with steak or chicken, and then heat your tortilla in the microwave. low cal sour cream and pico de gaillo to top it off! Voila!

You could also do hamburger meat for burritos on the george forman.

I also love parfaits, light and fit makes a great tasting vanilla yogurt and then get your favorite granola!!! and favorite fruit! breakfast you can splurge on the carbs so you don't have to feel guilty eating high carb and calorie granola! just make sure its low on the sugar!