Raw Foods

Has anyone here seen anything for the film "Raw for 30 Days"? I viewed the trailer for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trqkWO2gFt8

and was intrigued. The film is about 6 individuals living with diabetes who eat a fast food diet switching to a 100% raw food diet. The film shows that the participants saw amazing results with in 4 days!

Has anyone on this board gone raw? What health improvements have you found?

Replies

• Has anyone here seen anything for the film "Raw for 30 Days"? I viewed the trailer for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trqkWO2gFt8

and was intrigued. The film is about 6 individuals living with diabetes who eat a fast food diet switching to a 100% raw food diet. The film shows that the participants saw amazing results with in 4 days!

Has anyone on this board gone raw? What health improvements have you found?
  • k...that just sounds scary

and yes...i do think they have taken "reality tv" way to far. People laughed at me when i said "you wait and see...one day, the movie Running Man will be a real live thing". hmmmmm?
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    I've heard of the raw food diet for dogs. But don't think it is the same thing, or that would be scary! Chewing on a raw deer leg. Nah! Just doesn't bring up the nicest image.:huh:

Raw veggies and fruits, I can see.:happy:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Wow that would kill my jaws. :noway:
  • I'm not too incredibly familiar with the raw diet, but there are elements of "cooking" (dehydrating, blending, etc.) that are involved. And usually people who are on the diet don't eat meat. There's a cool new restaurant where I live that serves vegan, vegetarian and raw and living foods. It's actually really good! The living pizza is my favorite!

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/popularhealthdiets/a/Raw_Food.htm

I'm interested about learning more about that movie!
  • Aliseb
    Aliseb Posts: 11 Member
    I agree with cguhlke - "raw pizza" very tasty. Actually, I heard of a shop in Columbus, Ohio (my old digs) that also sells organic fresh meat that people do seem to use raw. Here in France many people eat steak tartare (raw ground beef with raw egg), which, personally, I find vile.

Also, I work with someone who's brother used to be seriously overweight, went all raw a year or so ago and has never been healthier! Feels fit as a fiddle, although brother thinks it's taken a psychological toll on him. But why not give it a go for 30 days if you like fruit and veg?
  • Hello. I have a raw food cookbook and like someone said there is a lot of dehydrating, blending and sprouting required to go raw. It is very time consuming. I would love to do it but I don't think I have that kind of time. It's really a way of life. I know some people who have done it and they look amazing! I tried a raw pizza as well and it was pretty good. The only thing I would be concerned about is if you live somewhere cold you would not get a hot meal and that could be really hard. Maybe in the summer it would be okay.

I will check out that link on utube - thanks!

Best!
  • I've been a raw vegan since April of this year. I love it.:love: As far as the time it takes, well just like anything cooked meal, it depends on what your making, how much and how gourmet.
    I keep it simple during the week. I make several dishes, salads (tabouli, egg-less egg salad etc.)crackers etc on the weekend and it runs me through the week. I plan on making Herbed Pecan Stuffing (Karen Parker), Kale Medley with Almond Feta Cheese, pumpkin pie and some appetizers all raw for the holidays as my 23 other family members chow down on Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes etc. Ought to be a good test for me:happy:
    One is considered raw if they eat 75 - 100% of their food uncooked. Vegans do not eat animal products (not even honey) or processed foods. If someone goes vegan it is an easy transisiton to raw I think.
    I really like this site. My first time here.
    sugarsnap