Turbo fire

Options
Anyone own turbo fire? I just ordered it and I'm waiting for it to come in...what does everyone think about it. Do you really burn that many calories? Is it fun?

Replies

• digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    :ohwell: erm whats 'turbo fire' ?
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I ADORE Turbo Fire! You really do burn a ton of calories and the classes are high energy and really fun. I don't follow the "fitness plan" that they have laid out because I do different things, so I fit in whatever classes I can when I can. I've noticed a difference in my cardio fitness when I play soccer and I'm much stronger and leaner that I was when I started. Good luck to you!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: erm whats 'turbo fire' ?

It's a cardio program from Beachbody (they have the P90X, Insanity, etc.) There's a ton of different length workouts which is great, because so far, I've not gotten bored. There's also stretching workouts, upper and lower body stuff, abs, sculpting workouts, etc. so you get a well-rounded workout. This is the only BB workout stuff that I have and it's been great so far.
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    I haven't done it, but it looks decent. I have Insanity and P90X. I wouldn't really worry about exactly how many calories you're burning - those workouts will kick your butt. In a good way. Consistency is more important. For example, if I do the entire first Insanity workout, I can't walk for 2 days, and won't do it again for 5-7 days. Instead, I'm going to re-start it (probably this week) just doing the first 10 minutes to start. After 3 or 4 days of that, depending on how I feel, I will add another 10 minutes until I can work up to the whole thing. This will probably cause me to move the workouts to every other day. I know that's not how the program "works," but until I can get strong enough to where I'm not killing myself every day and way too sore to move at all no matter how much ibuprofen I take or how much Icy Hot I slather on, that's the way it's going to be. Eventually I'll work up to doing the program the way it's meant to be done. I see no reason to kill myself over it, especially when I know people right now who can't even walk a block or two. Baby steps lead to hard-core consistency - it just takes a little while. :)

Anyway, good luck with the program, and if you are ever having so much trouble that you want to quit, I would suggest backing off a little until you get there. It will happen.