Victorious Fitness Challenge June 17

Options
Well-this morning started out well. :grumble: Woke up to no water...fortunately, we have a separate pump for the sprinkler system so after I worked out, I hauled 8 buckets of water in to flush the toilets & wash up in. Wonder how many calories that burned:bigsmile:

:heart: Brother-in-law is home! Five days after quadruple bypass. Thank you all for your well wishes & prayers!:heart:

Replies

• JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Well-this morning started out well. :grumble: Woke up to no water...fortunately, we have a separate pump for the sprinkler system so after I worked out, I hauled 8 buckets of water in to flush the toilets & wash up in. Wonder how many calories that burned:bigsmile:

:heart: Brother-in-law is home! Five days after quadruple bypass. Thank you all for your well wishes & prayers!:heart:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning! Julie, you're up early! (if you're a water carryin' farm gal, I guess you have to be :wink: ) So glad your bil is home, and doing well. We continue to lift you and your family up!:heart:

Today is yoga again. I'm strangely looking forward to it. I went out and bought a special "bikram studio only" workout outfit. It will be the most modest thing in the room, probably, but the least modest thing I've ever worked out in. I found shorts that were a little longer than standard just cover your butt shorts, and a sports bra/tank top thingy. I made the lady in the store laugh when she pulled out the first pair of "yoga shorts" (which looked like underpants to me) and I said: "I'm not getting a Brazilian just to go work out." Oops. . .maybe that was an overshare?

I'm also going to walk there, because tonight is date night and I can use the extra 200 calories (it's all mildly uphill).

My goals today are:

water, water, water. . .
    vits.
    not to compare myself to other bodies in class.

Have a great day, ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Aw, Julie, no water? I'm sorry! I've been there before. I didn't have to lug buckets but I did have to go shower at a neighbor's house for a week and pour water in the toilets to flush. Ah, what sweet memories!
    Viviakay, I bet you look great in your workout outfit! I completely understand about the shorts. I have a couple of pair I wear in the house but I won't wear them out.
    Well, I didn't get as much cleaning done yesterday as I had planned. I also over ate by 200 cals or so, BUT I did keep track (until I realized how bad over I was :tongue: ). I also ate less yesterday than I had eaten in the last two months which would explain why I have gained so much weight. I enetered breakfast this morning and I HAVE to work out just to work off breakfast! I know better than to eat pancakes! So the plan today is to wash the car this morning and then try to get some taebo in. We'll see how far I get. I worked on two cars over the weekend and my upper back and neck are telling me about it. I have had a headache so it might be a pinched nerve or something. My joints have been bothering me (my knees and ankles) which tells me I'm not exercising enough. All right I'm off to wash the car. If it takes an hour that will be 300 calories, so I should do it more often!
    Anyways, have a great day!
    Mel
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just looked at the forecast and there's 70% chance of rain tonight. Maybe I won't wash the car. I think I will go for a walk instead! :laugh:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Lucky you mm - we only have a 30% chance that keeps re/disappearing. Still in the upper 90s to low 100s. Glad to hear about your BIL Julie. Being in the hospital sucks.

Even though my DEXA thing was disappointing, I will remain hopeful for the next one, 10 lbs away. For a full report, see yesterday's post.

I did yoga and weights classes yesterday. Today I'm trying a bosu class. I have evil dance class tonight, though I don't count that with calorie burn, so I'll probably walk as well. Got my sister hooked on the macrobiotic place in town, we went yesterday and are going today. I call it the only all-you-can-eat place that you leave hungry. I also told her about V's bikram experience, so we are going to try yoga on my porch one day (shaded and screened, but outside). She loves the heat though.

Happy workouts!

Mary

Oh, I think this challenge ends this weekend. I'm working on coming up with a new name for the next one. Joyful July? Fun Fitness? Pushing Harder?
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

MWD -- I read your post yesterday and I know it's hard not to be disappointed. You are so brave for going for the scan! Don't get discouraged (not that it sounds like you are), just keep on plugging away. We will all get there, and losing 18lbs is a huge accomplishment! I am excited for the day that I can say that I'm down 18...

Yesterday was a great workout day for me, but a terrible eating day. I just have NO self-control at my sister's place and I am disappointed in myself. I've had three days in the last week of bad calories and I really want to just KICK MYSELF sometimes. Eating a million peanut-butter filled pretzels is NOT OKAY. UGHHHHH.

The only saving grace is that my sister did a short Exercise TV workout with me (Bootylicious and 10-minute abs). The only way I could get her to do it was to change her son's dirty diaper...

Yesterday (burned 750 calories):
    ~ Stair climber for 20 minutes / elliptical for 20 minutes
    ~ Weight training (arms) for 20 minutes
    ~ Exercise TV workout
    ~ Took my vitamins

Today:
    ~ Yoga Booty Ballet class (my last one before getting on the road)
    ~ Cardio for 30 minutes
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Bikram update. . .today I was able to complete all but one standing posture. Hoopah! I psyched myself out by looking through the book of poses and saying "you know, these poses aren't hard. . . .It's just the heat." I just kept breathing through my nose and viola. . . .only one case of "the dizzies." Also, I have been superhydrating myself, which is major.

thank you, that is all.:smile:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Vivia, that is AWESOME! How did your skimpy yoga outfit work for you?

And did you wear your HRM today during class?
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I didn't wear my HRM today. (I feel kind of weird violating the "no watches" policy of the studio. . .but I'll sneak it in in a few weeks to check.)

I was able to look in the mirror and think a few times "hey, not bad.":tongue: I was grateful for the exposed skin/extra sweating/cooling capacity.