Workout Tunes

Options
This has probably been discussed in one form or another but what does everyone around here like listening to when you're in "the zone"? I find music necessary just for life in general, so I definitely try to do permanent damage to my ears with my iPod. :happy:

But seriously, I'm up for any type of recommendations. I am eclectic with music, just can't deal with techno. More power to you if you can! :tongue:

Top albums getting blasted during any exercise session is....

The White Album by the Beatles
Physical Graffiti by Led Zeppelin
Make Yourself by Incubus
The full CCR (Creedence) Boxset
Iggy Pop & the Stooges
and a dash of Run DMC

Some friends are trying to implement some more forms of hip hop but I just can't seem to appreciate much of it. I dig country but don't find it fast enough for a workout.

Whaddya think?

Replies

• overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    This has probably been discussed in one form or another but what does everyone around here like listening to when you're in "the zone"? I find music necessary just for life in general, so I definitely try to do permanent damage to my ears with my iPod. :happy:

But seriously, I'm up for any type of recommendations. I am eclectic with music, just can't deal with techno. More power to you if you can! :tongue:

Top albums getting blasted during any exercise session is....

The White Album by the Beatles
    Physical Graffiti by Led Zeppelin
    Make Yourself by Incubus
    The full CCR (Creedence) Boxset
    Iggy Pop & the Stooges
    and a dash of Run DMC

Some friends are trying to implement some more forms of hip hop but I just can't seem to appreciate much of it. I dig country but don't find it fast enough for a workout.

Whaddya think?
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    This is gonna sound totally wierd but the song that gets me going fastest and kicks my butt is Cottoneyed Joes lmao, hubby makes fun of me , says its the hick sneakin out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzCZd5RlxiA&feature=related

ok, thats the first time Ive ever seen the video and it scares me , lol but I still like the song :tongue:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    have you tried any metal or hard rock?

Metallica - (Master of Puppets, Ride the lightining) and Disturbed (meaning of life, prayer, liberate, remember, deify, voices, shout 2000) are pretty good for getting your blood pumping.
    If your friends are trying to push you into hip-hop
    try some DMX -- songs by him to try-- party up, stop bein' greedy, what's my name?, where the hood at.

You may not like it initially, but try working out to it, they will def get you moving.

Some older Red Hot Chili Peppers and Stone Temple Pilots are good too.
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    This is gonna sound totally wierd but the song that gets me going fastest and kicks my butt is Cottoneyed Joes lmao, hubby makes fun of me , says its the hick sneakin out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzCZd5RlxiA&feature=related

ok, thats the first time Ive ever seen the video and it scares me , lol but I still like the song :tongue:

LOL, that is hilarious. But whatever gets your blood running is what counts, eh?
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    have you tried any metal or hard rock?

Metallica - (Master of Puppets, Ride the lightining) and Disturbed (meaning of life, prayer, liberate, remember, deify, voices, shout 2000) are pretty good for getting your blood pumping.
    If your friends are trying to push you into hip-hop
    try some DMX -- songs by him to try-- party up, stop bein' greedy, what's my name?, where the hood at.

You may not like it initially, but try working out to it, they will def get you moving.

Some older Red Hot Chili Peppers and Stone Temple Pilots are good too.

I have my doses of metal or hard rock, primarily Sabbath or the Deftones.

I never could get into Metallica again after Reload came out and I'm not a fan of the cookie monster metal. Like you said, Metallica does do a good job on pumping you up.

You better believe I give Mother's Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magik lots of rotation! I also dig Brand New Deja Entendu tracks like "Guernica" or "You Won't Know" from their most recent album.

Thanks for your recommendations!
  • princessjenn1804
    princessjenn1804 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ok I agree with whoever it was the recommended DMX. It has a great beat to run to. Ummmm, lets see:

*Life is a Highway-Rascal Flatts
    *Semi-Charmed Kind of Life-Third Eye Blind
    *Stary Eyed Suprise- Paul Oakenfold's mix
    *Black Betty-Spiderbait
    *Stronger & Work It Out-Kanye West
    *Clothes Off-Gym Class Heroes
    And the Black-Eyed Peas have some good stuff too. Hope you find some stuff you like!:smile:
  • mjfer123
    Options
    I also dig Brand New Deja Entendu tracks like "Guernica" or "You Won't Know" from their most recent album.

I love Brand New, I've been listening to them before they were even successful.
    You should check out "My Favorite Weapon".

And disturbed isn't cookie monster rock if you want to give it a try. You can definitely hear all the lyrics.

Cookie monster rock huh? You listen to sirius radio at all?
    Theres a certain talk DJ that uses that term... pretty funny if you know who Im talking about.
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    Ok I agree with whoever it was the recommended DMX. It has a great beat to run to. Ummmm, lets see:

*Life is a Highway-Rascal Flatts
    *Semi-Charmed Kind of Life-Third Eye Blind
    *Stary Eyed Suprise- Paul Oakenfold's mix
    *Black Betty-Spiderbait
    *Stronger & Work It Out-Kanye West
    *Clothes Off-Gym Class Heroes
    And the Black-Eyed Peas have some good stuff too. Hope you find some stuff you like!:smile:

Awesome, digging the rap recommendations. DMX is okay but I like Public Enemy or KRS One, rappers who had a true meaning to their lyrics. Even something as aggressive as NWA, it's all motivating enough to do that last set.

Thank you for those recommendations, I have Limewire up now so I'll definitely check them out. :smile:
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    :laugh:
    I also dig Brand New Deja Entendu tracks like "Guernica" or "You Won't Know" from their most recent album.

I love Brand New, I've been listening to them before they were even successful.
    You should check out "My Favorite Weapon".

And disturbed isn't cookie monster rock if you want to give it a try. You can definitely hear all the lyrics.

Cookie monster rock huh? You listen to sirius radio at all?
    Theres a certain talk DJ that uses that term... pretty funny if you know who Im talking about.

My Favorite Weapon is a good album but I remember when i first heard Deja Entendu, I was still in highschool and it was groundbreaking to me. I still jam Seventy times 7, Mix Tape and The No Seatbelt Song alot.

No offense on the Disturbed but I wasn't too impressed. Metallica, please? :tongue:

Thanks again for your input, my iPod is getting better already just within these last few posts.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    deftones for sure......they rock my world!
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    deftones for sure......they rock my world!

good band to jam out to.
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have over 300 workout songs. Some of them I would never listen to normally but the beat keeps me walking.
    Jock jam CD is great, any disco, dance party ones or even some country or salsa
    here are a few ideas

Gloria - laura brannigan
    Country roads
    cup of life - ricky martin
    I'll tell you ma - Shamrock
    whip it - devo
    what a feeling - irene cara
    oh mickey - blondie
    lets get lound - jennifer lopez
    it's not right - whitney houston

have fun
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    I have over 300 workout songs. Some of them I would never listen to normally but the beat keeps me walking.
    Jock jam CD is great, any disco, dance party ones or even some country or salsa
    here are a few ideas

Gloria - laura brannigan
    Country roads
    cup of life - ricky martin
    I'll tell you ma - Shamrock
    whip it - devo
    what a feeling - irene cara
    oh mickey - blondie
    lets get lound - jennifer lopez
    it's not right - whitney houston

have fun

Fantastic recommendations! I thought I was the only goofball who jammed Whip It! :laugh:

Thank you for those picks, I'm downloading as we speak.
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    you are so welcome
    I had so much fun finding songs
    check out genre like dance even aol radio has a workout channel
  • mjfer123
    Options
    calling - taproot
    life is beautiful - Sixx AM
    Dr Feelgood - Motley Crue
    Rose - A Perfect Circle
    Nobody's Listening - Linkin Park
    Dey Know Remix - Shawty Lo
    Breathe - Breaking Benjamin
    The End of Heartache - Killswitch Engage
    I Get It - Chevelle
    Hair of the Dog - Nazareth
    Plush - Stone Temple Pilots
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    calling - taproot
    Rose - A Perfect Circle
    I Get It - Chevelle

Very nice recommendations. Love the Nazareth and Perfect Circle picks especially. Keep on rockin'.
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    OK....you're going to laugh at me and that is OK.......
    I like to powerwalk to Brittany Spears/Toxic......it has great beats and regardless of what people say, I'd love to have that body. You might catch me powerwalking with a slight hip twist in my step......LOL
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    :tongue:
    OK....you're going to laugh at me and that is OK.......
    I like to powerwalk to Brittany Spears/Toxic......it has great beats and regardless of what people say, I'd love to have that body. You might catch me powerwalking with a slight hip twist in my step......LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile:

Definitely no discrimination on anyone's pick, having a blast reading yours. Oh and remember, Britney Spears herself also strives to have that body as well. :happy:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    calling - taproot
    Rose - A Perfect Circle
    I Get It - Chevelle

Very nice list.
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    Marilyn Manson-Any (especially The Beautiful People and the Dope Show)
    Stone Temple Pilots-Any
    Lenny Kravitz-Are you gonna go my way
    Alice in Chains_Any of it
    House of Pain-Jump Around
    Iron Maiden-The Trooper
    Mathew Sweet-Girlfriend
    Queen-Boheimian Rhapsody
    The Smashing Pumpkins-Bullet with Butterfly wings
    The Toadies-Possum Kingdom
    White Zombie-More Human than Human

Cool down to........
    Pink Floyd- wish you were here