How many calories works for you?

Options
Ever since I started back (December) I've had mine set on 1200 and I would always go over, sometimes nearly 2000. I'd only lost 2 pounds since starting. Ever since February 1, I upped my calories to 1310. Granted, that's only 110 calories, but it seems to be helping a lot. I have tried to stay in the calorie range, and it's been working so far for the most part. Anyone else discover that upping (or lowering) your calorie intake was a good thing?

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I upped mine from 1200 to 1350 and it's been awesome. I was having a hard time sticking to 1200, and when I did I felt awful. I do think I'll probably have to cut it back as I lose weight, but for now things are working much better at a higher goal.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    That's exactly how it was for me. Apparently, when I first started, I had this mentality that I had to have 1200, even though I went over almost every day. And as you said, when I did eat less than, I felt horrible.
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I was alwasy coming under 1200 calories but never felt hungry and I work out quite a bit, I hit a plateau last week so I upped my calories to 1500 and lost another 3lbs this week.