kettlebell & bodypump

steinbergliz
steinbergliz Posts: 1 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
New to forum. I take a kettlebell class and a weight lifting class called bodypump. The exercise list does not include these so I was wondering how others list calories burne? . Also is it important to use the added calories from exercising? Any respones welcome. Thanks.

Replies

• Strength training? Either way, buy yourself an HRM to be certain :)
  • It sounds very cardio...so just go with something along those lines and used those calories burned. For me personally I never use the extra calories earned from exercise...to me it is defeating the purpose. Good luck to you!
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Since it seemed very laborious to enter each different exercise and then find an online calculator to determine the calorie burn for each set of reps, I chose the easy way out. If you look under the "Cardiovascular" category, and enter "Strength training" you can enter the time spent and it will give you theoretical calories burned.

I tend to NOT use my added calories from exercise. To me, it just seems to be defeating the purpose of the exercise. But that's just my opinion.
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Pretty hard to quantify the burn, depends on length and intensity -ask your trainer. 1 hr of serious weights/cardio with no breaks could be up to 600 cals.
    You'll get a load of responses, but make sure you eat most or all of the calories burned - your muscles need fuel to recover and you need to keep your metabolism going.
  • An HRM would be the best way to know. I do bodypump and burn between 450 and 600 calories depending on how much I "bring it". Good luck!!
    :smile:
  • I would try to find something that sounds comparable and see what others have listed, but try not to over-estimate. If you're really concerned with accuracy, you could consider investing in a Bodybugg or something similar. As far as entering the calories, I think it's important to account for calories burned, but you probably shouldn't use the extra calories to indulge in a gallon of ice cream or anything like that. Focus on foods that will actually replenish your tired body.
This discussion has been closed.