Strange food Aversions

Options

Replies

• Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sour cream. YUCK. :sick:

My question has always been- who would want to eat sour cream? Couldn't they have come up with a better name??
  • k8smama
    Options
    Foods like applesauce, pudding, jello, cottage cheese make me sick. The texture of it really bothers me.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Foods like applesauce, pudding, jello, cottage cheese make me sick. The texture of it really bothers me.
    i agreee mashed potatoes too..

i actualyy have a huge list of things i wont eat but olives top it. i dont even like looking at them
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms and olives- texture thing!
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    Anything overly mushy or rubbery-feeling (like custard or apple sauce). I'm a texture person, and these things gross me out!
    Oh, and anything that looks like something I don't like. I don't particularly like lemons (except in water) and so I don't like yellow zuchinni on account of the fact that it looks alarmingly like cooked lemons. :sick: So I guess you could say I'm a visual person too!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I probably was 4 or 5 and we had peach pie for a dessert and for whatever reason that afternoon got sick.gif.
    My 2 year older brother said it was the pie and from that day on I can`t even try to eat peach pie without gagging.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I would have to say penut butter icky.Also cant eat cottage cheese if I look at it.If I keep my eyes closed I like it just fine
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    :huh:
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    nevermind:tongue:
  • sunshine7966
    Options
    I don't eat fruit or vegetables because of the texture. I do like peas and beans and I can handle smoothies made without yogurt. I don't like yogurt, cottage cheese, cream cheese, milk (unless in my cereal, shake, smoothie, etc.). I don't like seafood because of the smell. I love peanut butter, but not jelly. I cannot stand coconut because of the crunch. I worked at a grocery store and we had jars of pickles and applesauce bust (I hate both of them) and I couldn't clean it up because I was gagging. Corn disgusts me along with any leafy greens. I have always been a picky eater and these are just some of the foods that I avoid. I've had people ask me about what I actually do eat before.
  • SkierElle
    Options
    I despise bananas. I hadn't had one since I was five, but then my friend said I could have her ice cream leftover from a banana split and she swore she had eaten the whole banana. she hadn't. I got a piece and FREAKED out! yup, still hate em'.

Also: potatoes (especially french fries, mashed and baked potatoes), any kind of rice, and any kind of mexican food or spicy food.
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i hate seaweed - dry or fresh. can't stand the smell, can't stand it contaminating my food, none of it.

not a fan of bean sprouts either. no raw or lightly cooked carrots, i only like them when they are cooked till super soft.

no pickles.. no cucumbers (korean pickled cucumbers are ok though haha).

don't really like oranges but won't say i am averse to them.

and i am a vegetarian lol. i grew up eating only 5-6 types of vegetables. nothing green in my food usually.. so i never believe anyone who says "i don't think i can be a vegetarian". anyone can be a vegetarian, it's just whether you want to or not. not going on a veg rant, i am just saying! not a preachy veg 95% of the time : )

uhmmm really hate white rice. AND I AM ASIAN hahahahaha go figure. my mum had to force it down my throat. still don't eat it. flavored rice, fried rice, ok. white rice.. no.
  • chunkymama77
    Options
    Tomatoes ugh i hate them it's the texture or something.:sick:
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    The smell of tuna fish or sardines makes me run from the room gagging. Unfortunately, my husband likes them both. He is nice and only eats them when I'm not home.

I HATE raw tomatoes. Anything that I pop into my mouth solid that squishes...no way. Maybe it's all the cockroaches from when I grew up. Not that I ate any...on purpose.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I'm with kappyblu and sarasotatim on the whole seafood deal. Blech! :sick: Can't stand the smell. I've choked down crab and tuna on a dare, but if I was stuck on a desert island and my only food source was the lagoon, I wouldn't have ever had a weight problem!

And to top it off, I was born and raised in Baltimore with fishermen in the family where steamed crabs and raw oysters were a staple at every stinkin' family outing. Then, I was stationed in Japan for a few years. Gee, that was fun - trying to find something to eat at a restaurant. Thank god for rice.

Now, I live in Florida. Near the beach. Seafood restaurants everywhere. Jeez, I never learn! :sad:

I loathe cooked spinach, but love it raw in salads. Go figure! :ohwell:
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Here goes:

Tomatoes (I can only eat them sliced on a sandwich, no cherry tomatoes in my salad, they cannot squish)

MUSHY bananas (I love bananas but gag horribly if I see a soft spot anywhere on them, they have to be FIRM!)

Mushrooms (I'll eat them fried, but now I can't, so I don't eat mushrooms)

Ketchup (the smell is nauseating)

I could never drink Ensure, because I work at a nursing home, and this drink has been thrown up on me.

I cannot pig out on yogurt. Usually halfway through the first container, I can't stand the taste anymore. I can only buy a few at a time, because they will make me sick and I have to wait and try again later!

Cooked cabbage
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I HATE raw tomatoes. Anything that I pop into my mouth solid that squishes...no way. Maybe it's all the cockroaches from when I grew up. Not that I ate any...on purpose.

I grew up in places with lots of cockroaches, and I never compared a cockroach squishing with a tomato squishing, but now I am really nauseated thinking about it.
  • Hletz
    Hletz Posts: 1
    Options
    Hands down my greatest food aversion is apple pie!! I can't even be in a house if one is baking. If I see, or smell, the apples in the cinnamon 'gel stuff' I start gagging immediately. If someone orders it for dessert in a restaurant it is no different than me seeing someone vomit at the dinner table. (Yes, it is THAT gross to me!! ) I love raw apples, but apple pie is the chunkiest, slimiest, grossest stuff EVER. I get chills and shiver just typing about it. It has always had this effect on me...even as a child.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Things I have tried at least once and I know that I don't like them:

Liver, cow tounge-my mom used to cook this all the time for my dad
    salmon-tried it several different ways still don't like it
    Herring
    trype-my mom makes a soup out of it I stay far away
    most apples--I only like ambrosia, honeycrisp and braeburn.
    apple pie
    lemon/orange flavored stuff-but I like fresh lemons/oranges
    mustard greens-but my beardies love it
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Gravy

Mustard

Meat w/ bones (except ribs)

Mushrooms

Avocado