Still Hungry.. Lots of calories left to eat

Options
Just had dinner.. still have lots of calories to eat, and I'm still hungry.. Can I go to the store and get some frozen yogurt or low cal ice cream or does that defeat the purpose??? Or should I have seconds on dinner (split chicken breast, white rice & asparagus).. and it's been well over 30 minutes since I ate :ohwell:

Replies

• heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'd say everyone deserves a treat now and then. I will have days when I work out more or choose to eat less calories in my meal so I can splurge on a serving of ice cream or frozen yogurt. As long as it fits within your calorie/nutrition goals I say go for it, just keep to a serving and make sure your calories allow for it!
  • pitaj24
    Options
    Fat free frozen yogurt does not defeat the purpose, but just like everything else its also about the portion control and being able to eat the frozen yogurt in moderation. I would struggle with that, but something like berries and coolwhip with walnuts Keeps me just as full as the frozen yogurt and I maintain portion control...Have a great night!
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You should eat something rich in fiber. It will help satisfy your hunger and keep you feeling full. After dinner sometimes I'll have a bowl of kashi go lean crunch or a fiberone bar...or somethings reduced fat popcorn. There's nothing wrong w/ having some frozen yogurt though! If you have the calories to spare, why not?! I had some the other night myself! :)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd eat the chicken breast. Fairly low-cal, and the protein will help keep you full longer. But that's just me.
  • rugrat200324
    rugrat200324 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I like to treat myself and have the yogurt. The kind i get is only 90 calories for a half cup its not horrible. You cant deny yourself from things. It shouldnt be a diet it should be a life style change. Do what ever you want..
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Ironic this post was here cause I'm thinking the EXACT same thing! I still have about 1000 more calories I can eat for the day. I'm trying to decide what to do. I'm thinking hot green tea, which is filling, but still not more calories, and maybe some whole fruit popsicles--which I can have a couple of those at 40/cals eat... or maybe a bag of popcorn at 280 calories- and a healthy and fairly filling snack. I already ate my left overs from dinner--which was just extra corn I made.... so, I'm not sure what I'm going to do...
  • jwb201
    jwb201 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    As far as seconds go, you shouldn't do more than 600 calories in one sitting. If you still have a calories you might want to adjust how you take them in during the day. Smaller serving sizes more often will keep your metabolism going strong. I have found that if I want something sweet, I eat a little bit of it to stop the craving. It works for me. I will have one piece of chocolate after dinner and let it melt in my mouth and that helps we with something sweet. A Hershey's kiss has 22 calories so it doesn't break the bank.
  • bparsont
    Options
    Ironic this post was here cause I'm thinking the EXACT same thing! I still have about 1000 more calories I can eat for the day. I'm trying to decide what to do. I'm thinking hot green tea, which is filling, but still not more calories, and maybe some whole fruit popsicles--which I can have a couple of those at 40/cals eat... or maybe a bag of popcorn at 280 calories- and a healthy and fairly filling snack. I already ate my left overs from dinner--which was just extra corn I made.... so, I'm not sure what I'm going to do...

How many calories are you allowed? I am on 1200 calories and I dont feel hungry nor do I have many extra calories left over at the end of the day IF I've eaten 3 meals. Are you eating 3 meals plus snacks = 6x a day?
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    You should eat something rich in fiber. It will help satisfy your hunger and keep you feeling full. After dinner sometimes I'll have a bowl of kashi go lean crunch or a fiberone bar...or somethings reduced fat popcorn. There's nothing wrong w/ having some frozen yogurt though! If you have the calories to spare, why not?! I had some the other night myself! :)

I totally eat kashi go lean after dinner too! It's a great way to fill up at the end of the night and curb snacking!
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Weight Watchers Smart Ones have great desserts and comes in litle portions but just enough to take care of the aching sweet tooth.
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    eat the chicken, walk to the store and get as much frozen yogurt as you want!
  • kdavis74
    kdavis74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I say have what you want, if you don't the cheat will set in and you will blow you calories another day. You must allow yourself the treats for doing so good!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I like to treat myself , so I would go for the yogurt. Just make sure it fits within your calories and other diary categories, and enjoy it!
  • szieres
    szieres Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    eat the chicken, walk to the store and get as much frozen yogurt as you want!
    HAHAHAAHA That's the PERFECT solution!!!
  • szieres
    szieres Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ok.. so I ate some more asparagus (cause its my fave and I couldn't let it go to waste!), then my daughter and I went to the store and got a small box of Skinny Cow Fudge Pops.. Only 50 calories ea!! I can do that.. Thanks so much for the great ideas.. Definetly keep them handy because I'm sure I'll have a few more days like today (chocolate was my weakness and it takes atleast 21 days to kick a habit.. 7 down, 14 more to go)